Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need advice on building a kennel

Hope to be moving soon to a great piece of property.
The house is perfect, the pond is fresh water and the land is half trees. But there is no kennel. So, where do you go to get advice on how to build a kennel?
There are so many things to consider. Help?

Re: Need advice on building a kennel

If you'll give your e-mail, I can give some info.

How many dogs do you want it to hold?

http://www.highbrasskennels.com/kennel.htm

I've been in a lovely kennel made by Cleary Building. The photo is on the breeder's website but I don't feel comfortable posting that site here.

The kennel was absolutely gorgeous! www.clearybuilding.com

Also, maybe you've already considered this, but a large exercise yard of at least an acre is wonderful in addition to a kennel.

The Mason Kennel website has great ideas !

You need to get in touch with Laura Witt. She lives in New Hampshire and has the most awesome kennels. She is Minefall They even have the indoor and outdoor kennels with heated concrete floors so the ice and snow don't accumulate. They have a place to bathe the dogs, place to sleep or watch tv and a little kitchen. It is really great and Laura is a very nice person to talk to. She can give you some good tips. ellie

Where are you? This would determine what you really needed, as colder climates dictate a building and warmer climates dictate shelter, but not necc. a building. Just a thought.