Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
flat rate handlers$$$$$

Anyone know of a handler that will champion a dog for a flat rate?

Re: flat rate handlers$$$$$

One of my handlers has offer that to me. From what I remember it was 2000 for a canadian championship and another 2000 for the AKC championship. This includes everything including entry fees. My handler did see my dog first as Im sure they have to know your dog is show quality before they will make that commitment.

I have my handler on a salary which is $2500 per month. My dog is being specialed and is my handler's priority dog, meaning he is only handled by my handler. The salary includes all handling fees, traveling expenses, boarding, etc. but I still pay entry fees.

HGES
I have my handler on a salary which is $2500 per month. My dog is being specialed and is my handler's priority dog, meaning he is only handled by my handler. The salary includes all handling fees, traveling expenses, boarding, etc. but I still pay entry fees.

How many shows a month is your handler attending for this salary, on average?

May I ask, why do this?
We get such a short time to spend with our dogs on this earth.
Why let them live on the road?

HGES

Some send their dogs out with handlers for several reasons like there are shows that you dont have time to go to but would like your dog to win at, to special a dog, not everyone can get away from work to go to 3,4 and 5 day shows every weekend, so you can send a dog with a handler.its cheaper for a handler to go to out of town than if you go being the handler splits expenses between all the clients

There are many more reasons why some people send their dogs out with handlers.