Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DDC test results

I know that it takes ten working days to get EIC results from DDC but does anyone know if the actual testing process takes this long, or is the wait caused by a large number of tests being done? Just curious...

Re: DDC test results

Not sure but I just had one done. I mailed it in on December 3rd and had my emailed results to me on December 11th.

No the testing process doesn't take that long, I'm assuming they give themselves some "wiggle room" to get the results out in case they get a large number of them in at the same time. I've had a 3 day turn around (via email) from them in the past!

Curious
I know that it takes ten working days to get EIC results from DDC but does anyone know if the actual testing process takes this long, or is the wait caused by a large number of tests being done? Just curious...

That's their advertised turnaround, but every time I've sent them samples I've had my results within a few days, it's never taken them the full 10 days. They're the fastest lab with great service and I trust their results.

DDC DNA

Interesting. I asked them to rush one of the five tests I sent and was politely rebuffed so I figured it was impossible for them to work any faster. I wanted results on one puppy before it went to its new home. The results on my other dogs are important to me too, but not as critical in terms of time.

Happily, when DDC refused me I told the pup's family I was testing her and offered to hold her until the results were in, and they want her regardless of her EIC status. How wonderful is that? They reaffirmed my belief in humanity.

We have used them a number of times and they were always very fast. It could be that they run test on certain days of the week and typically I think DNA companies run them in lots not by one test. That could be why they couldn't do yours right on the spot. Puppies can be tested at a very young age, like 5 or 6 weeks.

I wouldn't say they were being rude, just maybe couldn't run your test or test(s) the day they got them. If they did that for everyone it would throw things off.

I've been doing business with DDC for years. They've told me in the past that assume up front that breeders need a rush result on everything they receive regardless, which is why they don't "batch" their samples like everywhere else. I'm not sure it's reasonable to expect it any faster than a few days, I'll bet they're treating all your samples like they are the most important.

That's good to know they don't batch them up. I know they have always been really fast. I will be using them for all our EIC and CNM testing Again.

"It could be that they run test on certain days of the week..."
That is what I was told when I called for results, also...

I'm happy to say that DDC came through despite their intial reply and gave me my EIC results Thursday afternoon. They must give a standard reply to requests to rush tests since they initally said no, but they pulled through. I'm very grateful and will definitely use them again!