Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Silver or Gold

I have a medium light yellow. I was told to put a silver chain on him as it will pop and look good with his coat. At a recent show I was told that I might want to switch to gold chain as it will blend better - which is the preferred? I don't want to give him the Guido look - but want to present him correctly

Thanks

Re: Silver or Gold

I like braided cord in a color to match the dog. I don't use chains.

I use the nylon type collars with a leash to match. I like a collar that blends in with the color of the dog. They sell them at dog shows anywhere from light cream to a buff/tan color.

If I need to use a chain, and some do need one, I use gold on the yellows and silver on the blacks.

"the Guido look" -- lol from Chicago!

You absolutely need a chain on some of the big males. I use gold on the yellow and silver on the black and that looks nice.

Hey Ellie...I never did like guys who wore chains around their necks : ) ... especially GOLD ones!

Good luck with Guido ; )

I think silver would be nicer; I like gold on the dark yellows, but I find it obtrusive on the lighter yellows. Gold breaks the line of the neck to my eye.

I agree. The silver on yellows does not grab at your eye like the brash gold. JMO. Having said that, I do like the nice braided leather English slip leads once they are well trained.