Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Coat color testing

Ok I need to coat color test 4 puppies. They are black but can be anything... LOL Which lab is the best coat color tester? Does Ingen do that too? I have a few test I never used from them but I couldn't find any info on color testing on their site?
Thank you

Re: Coat color testing

Carol Lynn
Ok I need to coat color test 4 puppies. They are black but can be anything... LOL Which lab is the best coat color tester? Does Ingen do that too? I have a few test I never used from them but I couldn't find any info on color testing on their site?
Thank you

DDC is accurate and fast.
http://www.vetdnacenter.com/canine-dna-coat-color.html

DDC tests and reports all 3 B-locus genes, they also have a special deal going on right now where you can do EIC, CNM and all the colors from the same sample for a low price. I love them.

DDC hands down. Now if only they tested for PRA...

DDC Fan
Carol Lynn
Thank you

DDC is accurate and fast.
http://www.vetdnacenter.com/canine-dna-coat-color.html

DDC tests and reports all 3 B-locus genes, they also have a special deal going on right now where you can do EIC, CNM and all the colors from the same sample for a low price. I love them.

DDC is the way to go! Fast and reliable and great customer service! What more can anyone ask for, and at a fair price too. Send sample swabs in and results will be emailed to you within less than a week (my experience) and followed up by a hard copy in the mail.

I just looked at the DDC website, need to do EIC. What Color Test do I need? I noticed several under Labrador Retrievers.

VetGen is in your backyard.

And that's where they belong - about 6 feet down!