Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OFA

Does anyone know recent OFA final turn around time currently? My OFA vet sent radiographs in 13 days ago.

This was the first time I used a vet with digital equipment to submit to OFA. Do digital radiographs cut a few days off the wait time going by computer instead of pony express mail?

The radiographs looked great to the orthopedist and I don't see anything that looks out of sorts. Prelims at 14 mo. were Good/Normal.

TIA for helping me figure about when I might hear from OFA this time of year. I anticipate a 3 week wait + or - but if it's faster that would be nice.

Re: OFA

OFA has been kinda slow in the last few months, I would wait until the three week mark, then call and ask. The results show up in your mailbox before they show up on OFA so you can verify that all the information, spelling etc... is correct. Good luck!

My results in November took almost 5 weeks.

I had digital done on December 15th and received my results in the Mail the 1st week in January. I had two done the same day 1 Prelim and the other Finals and they both arrived within a few days of one another in the mail.

Okay, so I'll imagine 3-5 weeks. I have never waited 5 weeks before but if they have alot of radiographs to look at then that's the way it is.

I won't phone OFA until after 3 weeks and hope I'll get the results before. I'll plan on up to 5 weeks just in case they're still slow.

Thanks.

They were faster than greased lightning on my last ones done on Dec 1. Results were posted on 12/9 and I had the certs in my mailbox >2000 miles away on 12/13.

Call them to find out when they received them...two weeks after that, call again.

You must be patient, Cookie! I'll you bet they come back Excellent