Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
uterine cysts

One of my girls who is retired, who is older, about 7 or 8yrs old. I never had her fixed, but haven't bred her in years. Was going to do it, but she came into heat. When she was outside last night, I noticed a tissue sticking out of her vagina. Got her right into the house and saw this and thought this was vaginal prolapse? Googled it and saw some pictures of it and yep that looked just like what I was seeing. Well, first thing this morning, called the vet. This tissues wasn't bothing her at all. But, I couldn't get her in until later today.
Well, she took her place on her sofa and when walking past her, noticed that this tissue had come out of her. It was laying next to her. I got a bag and put it in it. I called the vet and they did get me in earlier, like right away. So, it ended up being a cyst that just fell out of her. Has anyone every heard of this or have they had this happen? She's fine, but when she is out of heat, will take her in and get her spayed. This is also just a FYI, in case anyone has anything like this. The tissue itself was about 4 1/2" long and as wide as 1/4".
She is fine and thankgoodness there wasn't more blood then we had. I guess you live and learn.