Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
vacuum

Can someone recommend a light weight vacuum cleaner, or duster that I can use on wood floors for the stray yellow Lab hairs. Thanks

Re: vacuum

for my non-carpeted floors I use a Bissell stick. I paid under $15.00 at Walmart. Purchase the cheapest stick and make sure it's a plug-in not cordless.

Marjorie
for my non-carpeted floors I use a Bissell stick. I paid under $15.00 at Walmart. Purchase the cheapest stick and make sure it's a plug-in not cordless.

Why not cordless? I'm looking for the same type of item times 2, for smaller amounts of coat later in the day. Several of them I've read about on Consumer Reports run a long time off a charge.

Looking forward to suggestions also b/c I don't want to use my Dyson twice daily.

I think a corded vac runs stronger.

I highly recommend this bad boy:

http://www.dirtdevil.com/products/details.aspx?id=M084610RED

I bought it at Canadian Tire here in Canada, and it works amazing. And its very light, easy to clean, comes with a 2 year warranty, and sucks up those lab hairs quite well :)

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for your bad boy?
Thank you

http://reviews.canadiantire.ca/9045/0436670P/no-shark-navigator-lift-upright-vacuum-reviews/reviews.htm

I bought the Shark Navigator at Canadian Tire (we canucks have to stick together :-) and I paid $149 for it.

I absolutely love it although I hate vacuuming. Very light, super sucker and easy to empty - no bags.

Its on sale this week for 69.99 I think?

It might be better to get it off the website that I linked above.

YAY Canadian Tire :)

I found the M084610 for $39.95 from Dirt Devil direct. Thank you.

I got tired of buying cheap vacuums and them only lasting a short amount of time. So, since I have an ORECK for my house I went to the Oreck store to ask if they had any "not so pretty, but still work great" trade-ins for sale. They did. I got this great little Oreck for under $100.00 with a warranty on the motor and free service for 2 years. I LOVE it. I use it in my office and dog room, it sucks up hair, bits of shavings and weighs no more than about 5 pounds.

What model Oreck do you have? I have an up right and the small canister.

I have two up-rights, one for the house which is the XL21 and one for the dog room and office, not sure which model it is as it's about 10 years old and the one I purchased used. I also have their super little powerful canister. I love them all!