Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Canine Caviar

Just wondering if anyone has used this food and what the results were?? Likes and dislikes.

Re: Canine Caviar

I have used it, and liked it...it is expensive though.
Good stools, nice coats, etc. very good ingredients, and a top rated food!

Have been using it and selling it for 5 or 6 years. It is a great food. Customers rave about it. Yes, it's expensive, but not any worse than similar products. It has the highest digestibility of anything I have fed and has high k-cals per cup....almost 600/cup. So, feeding less helps offset the cost.

Thanks Julie! So far I am impressed with what I am hearing from the company etc. It is a little more costly, but just found out about the breeders club, buy 10 get 3 free! So with feeding less and a deal like that, how can I not give it a try?

I have heard about it. And wondered myself if it was truly a good product.

Ok, I'll bite, where do you find it? I presume from an independent distributor.

I have fed Canine Caviar almost exclusively for the last 7 or 8 years. I have tried a few other foods here and there, Eagle Pack, Canidae ALS, and Solid Gold Wolf formulas, but I always come back to Canine Caviar. I can feed all my dogs, ages 4-12 years, on it without issue, stools are firm and regular, great coats all the way around. No real problems with yeasty ears or anything. They only drawback I would say is the price, but if you are a member of the Breeders Program and deal with the vendors in your area that offer the 10% discount, it helps. I buy food in 5 bag increments as per the Breeder's Program, and it comes to about $49.00 a bag. Once I get my 10 UPCs, I send them off for my 3 free coupons. I have met the owner, Jeff Baker, several times over the years at local shows, and being that I am in Alaska, I think that says allot about his dedication. If you call the company, the staff is very helpful in giving you any assistance you might need.

The only thing I don't have any experience with is raising a litter on it. Any one else used it? Did you like it?

I am a firm believer that you should feed what works for your dogs, and not jump around more than needed, but I am very happy with the Canine Caviar.