Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LRCPV thrilled to Pilot the new Beginner Puppy Class!

Exciting news for this year's LRCPV Specialty Show. We are one of a few clubs selected to hold the new:
Sanctioned four to six month (Beginner Puppy) Special Attraction!
Final details are still being worked out. We hope to see you and your future hopefuls for this fun and new Class.

Re: LRCPV thrilled to Pilot the new Beginner Puppy Class!

Great! I'll be there with my youngsters!

sounds like great fun. I'll be there, too.

Wonderful! the Guadalajara specialty did this a few months ago,class age started with 4 - 6 months. It was just great. These babies were super quality and a real joy to see them trot their stuff and wiggle for cookies. I hope this class takes off for you guys, can't wait to see it.

Does anyone have a link FMI about this new class? Do these pups compete for BOB?

It is fun to bring puppies out, but I wonder how much time it will take to do this class, when the specialties are already pressed for time to finish by dark. What would be the point to take that time for a non-compete class?

Lab Breeder
It is fun to bring puppies out, but I wonder how much time it will take to do this class, when the specialties are already pressed for time to finish by dark. What would be the point to take that time for a non-compete class?

They could possibly be held the evening before a specialty. When there were fewer regionals, winning a large match held by a Lab club was considered great prestige. It didn't matter that we were not winning points.

My understanding is that it is a special event like sweepstakes so they don't compete for winners or best of breed. AKC is just trialing this class and it is offered at a few select shows coming up.

Hi. this enjoyable class does not compite for the CC. the Lynk for the FCI is www.FCI.be/

Its similar to sweeps with a Best Puppy in Show awarded. The AKC suggests a licensed judge, Professional Handler or a breeder may judge the classes. If they judge the class they are not allowed to show their dogs in the show. The club can decide when to hold the classes.

Its a great way to show off your get or to introduce your young pups to showing.