Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HE Wash Machines and puppy poo;

Ok After a fight with my husband I gave in and bought a HE washer. Now I have a litter of puppies and my HE Heavey Duty wash machine does not clean as well as my old one. I know they don't use as much water so I set it on Heavy Duty wash with PreSoak and 2nd rinse. Still I have puppy poop on Fleece when I take it out. I am currently using Tide. Is there another Laundry Soap that might work better?

Re: HE Wash Machines and puppy poo;

BLEACH!! I have to add some to every wash for the puppy fleece with my HE frontloader and usually doa second rinse, sometimes even a prewash but I put the detergent on the pad before I put it in the machine.
My next machine will be one that I can fill it, turn it off and let it soak and then drain and then do the wash, they just aren't geared for heavy soils from dogs.

Not sure what kind of washer you have but mine has no problem getting out most anything the first time. I do use a "booster" for really messy loads and HE detergent.

I have no problem with my HE front loader either. If I have stains on them I pre-treat with Tide before I put them in the washer. Best washer I ever had and the capacity is awesome. Have had my HE washer for 4 yrs now and would never want to go back to a top loader.

I have not had a problem either with my frontloader. I just put it on heavy soil and it agitates longer. I use Bleach when needed, HE Detergent, warm water and everything comes out clean.

I use Tide, fragrance free, cold water, a little bleach and Resolve sprayed on the spots. I allow the pads to sit for at least 30 minutes.

My pads all come out spotless and still look brand new.

For me, bleach doesn't do it, the Resolve does.

Bonnie

Just guessing, but it sounds like you may be putting too much in a single load. Cut back on how much you put in a load and see if you get better results.

Use Tide, a little bleach and get a new husband!

HE Wash Machines and puppy poo;

I love my front loader. no problem here!

Bdr
Use Tide, a little bleach and get a new husband!

ok, that's just funny

make sure you are putting the poo side out.....not wrapped up on the inside. Do not over load. I've not had any problems and love that the fleece comes out almost dry.

HE does not necessarily mean front load. HE means High Efficiency. There are several HE top loads that work much better than most front loads.

TIDE is the best detergent (tide for cold water is truly the best).

Do not overload.

Clean your machine per manufacturers recommendations. Some use Dishwasher detergent on HOT HOT permanent press cycle.

Got my first front loader Duets. (My good for nothing Kenmore Calypso top loader before that was a lemon and didn't last three years). This seems to clean better but I didn't get the large capacity (it would of had to be ordered) and boy am I sorry. But! Sometimes I pull clothes out that have dry spots and they aren't even wet. I don't overload it either.