Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
No more Purina ONE at Sam's Club

I just got off the phone with a friend that tried to purchase Purina ONE Lamb and Rice at Sam's in Elmira. They have been out of it for a while. He then called Sam's in Vestal to see if they had any and the answer is no.
Seems Sam's isn't going to carry Purina ONE any more because Purina wants to raise the price and Sam's said no. This is the only place to buy the 44# bags.
Also Purina has stopped the buy 10 bags/get one free in the pet stores. They're pricing us out of business.
I have been a very dedicated Purina customer since the early 1960s and this is very disturbing. I think Purina needs to hear from all of us.

Re: No more Purina ONE at Sam's Club

Easy solution. Buy the Exceed Lamb and Rice at Sam's , it's actually a better product.

Were they just out of Lamb? Last I knew Purina was having a lamb shortage.

That's all Sam's sold, Lamb and Rice.

We had our fill of Sam's, disputes with the manufactures on a continual basis. We switched from Purina One (after stocking issues) to Exceed, then they were out of Exceed (problems with Purina), then it was back, then out again, new formula, new vendor but after a few months, some other problem and out again. We had enough and switched to Costco and Kirklands. We let our card expire at Sams and are very happy with Costco.

I also use to feed Exceed, and actually liked the food, as did the dogs. Then I came across a dog food advisor web site, and saw that the Exceed received 2 out of 5 stars, and the Kirkland's received 4 stars. The Kirkland's was cheaper in the long run too. So, I recently switched. The food smells like the roasted chicken at the grocery store. My dogs are so excited at dinner time, and so far I am liking this change.

Unfortunately, we don't have a Costco in my area, so I'm stuck with Sam's.
The WalMart stores (2) in this area have been out of the ONE Lamb and Rice quite frequently, lately, and finding the ONE Healthy Puppy Formula in the bigger bags has been impossible.
Right after I started this thread, I got a email news from PurinaProClub about a new Pro Plan Lamb and Rice Small Bite Formula that is good for all life stages. So?

If you have a tractor supply in your area they usually stock it

I am a Retail Sales Manager for a large grocery chain. Purina contacted us months ago, letting us know the Purina One Lamb & Rice was going to be unavailable soon due to a manufacturing issue of a ingrediant (lamb) being unavailable. Our wherehouse ran out of it 4 weeks ago. The bad news is Purina is classifying this item as a long term Out Of Stock issue. This means months, not weeks. In fact, they can't even give us a availability date. This usually means at least 4 months or more till available again. I hope this info was of some help.

Thank you for the explanation.

When I tried the Exceed, 1 1/2 yrs ago,it looked wierd. Little white spots on the food and it made the dogs sick! I thru out the bag over half full. Glad I did because a month later was at Sams and saw they were out of it and asked why. Some kinda a recall?? I should have returned the bag? Back with Purina One and will probably go to the Pro Plan Performance if the Lamb is going to be an issue though I do have an aussie girl that does the best on Lamb? Ugh! Thanks for the heads up!!!