Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
lease etiquette

When you lease a bitch, which info do you use to enter shows? Do you put the lessee's info or the original owners?

Re: lease etiquette

It depends who is the owner. If you are co-owner, you list both coowners. If you are listed as owner on the registration, just your name.

Breeder
It depends who is the owner. If you are co-owner, you list both coowners. If you are listed as owner on the registration, just your name.

It is a long term lease. I am not on the registration.

When you lease a bitch and it's documented, you are the owner for the time frame of the lease. Then you list yourself as you are the legal owner during this time frame.

Since you just said there was no legal documentation, you do not own this bitch, therefore, her owner(s) are recorded. You will not even be listed as breeder when you whelp this girl.

You need to enter who the owner of record on the AKC registration is. Why wasnt the AKC registration signed over as co-own? How long is the lease for?

Sherry L. Anderson
When you lease a bitch and it's documented, you are the owner for the time frame of the lease. Then you list yourself as you are the legal owner during this time frame.

Since you just said there was no legal documentation, you do not own this bitch, therefore, her owner(s) are recorded. You will not even be listed as breeder when you whelp this girl.

Sherry I think I am not making myself clear. Let me start over.

I have a "legal" lease through the AKC start date Oct 1 2010 through Oct 1 2012. I am not on the actual AKC registration document as an owner or co-owner. However I do have the paper from the AKC stating that the bitch is being leased to me for the time period stated above. The bitch's AKC registration was not transferred to me as its a lease, not a transfer. That document still has the original owners listed on it.

Why I am confused is by what I read on the AKC website:
"•Leases are not accepted for male dogs nor for the purpose of entering a dog of either sex in dog shows or other AKC events. The right to exhibit a dog cannot be transferred by the person who actually owns it."

So my question is with this scenario, when I enter the bitch in a show, is it in the original owners' name or in the person's name who the bitch is on lease to?

ah ok...sorry for misunderstanding. You two didn't tranfer the actual registration.. You would list on the show entry owner(s) of her that are listed on her registration paper.

~S

learning
Sherry L. Anderson

Sherry I think I am not making myself clear. Let me start over.

I have a "legal" lease through the AKC start date Oct 1 2010 through Oct 1 2012. I am not on the actual AKC registration document as an owner or co-owner. However I do have the paper from the AKC stating that the bitch is being leased to me for the time period stated above. The bitch's AKC registration was not transferred to me as its a lease, not a transfer. That document still has the original owners listed on it.

Why I am confused is by what I read on the AKC website:
"•Leases are not accepted for male dogs nor for the purpose of entering a dog of either sex in dog shows or other AKC events. The right to exhibit a dog cannot be transferred by the person who actually owns it."

So my question is with this scenario, when I enter the bitch in a show, is it in the original owners' name or in the person's name who the bitch is on lease to?

Thanks Sherry