Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Removing old blood from bedding

I just found some sheets that my girl must have slept on while in heat. I've tried oygenated bleach, hydrogen peroxide and shampoo - no luck.

Any ideas before I toss them?

Re: Removing old blood from bedding

Bleach pen?

Resolve Laundry Stain Remover

Old blood bank trick -- hydorgen peroxide. Just pour or dab it straight on -- it will foam up and then just blot off. Will not bleach out color.

Johanne

I keep a bottle of hydrogen peroxide on hand....when I have blood spots....I spray them.....rub a little dish liquid in and the blood stains usually come right out. The hyrdrogen peroxide does not come with a spray top.....so I save a top from a spray window cleaner.....it works like a charm !!

The hydrogen peroxide isn't working, unfortunately. First time I've had that happen. The sheets are coloured, so bleach pen is out, but I will give the resolve a try!

Thanks, all!

I soak in cold water overnight and scrub with dish detergent. I don't have much luck with commercial stain removers, maybe it's my hard water. Hydrogen peroxide sounds promising, thanks.

Try hairspray. Wet the stain thoroughly with it. You might have to soak for awhile, or add some detergent and scrub/rub at the stain. Add some water if needed - just keep working it. It'll work best if the fabric hasn't gone through the dryer yet, but I've had success with that, too. Just takes more elbow grease :-) I buy a cheap bottle just for the laundry - it takes out permanent marker, ink, all kinds of things.

If its old may be the reason its not working.

The Oxi-Clean one gets out blood no matter how old. Since there are many brands and I forgot which one I used, you would need to read the (small) bottle and make sure it's the one that removes old, set-in blood. You need to really follow the directions. Last year my girl bled heavily on my sheets and down comforter. I waited days before I washed anything. My sister told me to use the Oxi-Clean and it got every bit of blood out of my sheets and comforter. This stuff is amazing!

OxiClean is wonderful for blood stains. Simple Solution or Nature's Miracle typically works on blood, also.

I soak old blood in cold water for about 15 minutes, then rub the blood area, then spray Oxiclean laundry stain remover on the spots. It removes the stains in a matter of minutes.