Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Westminster Breed Ring Breakdown

A friend and I were going through the breed ring trying to get a list of the dogs that were shown.

The video is here:

http://video.westminsterkennelclub.org/breed_judging/sporting/2011_5/retriever-labrador/v1294209

The list of dogs is here: (95% sure on all of them, minus 2 that I wasn't able to catch who they were)

1: 5 Ch Ridgeview Farm Just A Toy JH
2: 11 Ch Folklaur Song And Dance Man
3: 31 GCH Willcare To Fly Under The Radar
4: 15 Ch Woodhull's Roger That
5: 17 GCH Waifin's Fly Cabot To Torngat
6: 12 Ch Top Gun Tuck Everlasting
7: 7 Ch Balrion Weathertop Norwester
8: 41 GCH Hickory's Whisperingpine Wellington
9: 19 Ch Brookberry Bluerock Braden
10: 20 Ch Pucketts Super Charged
11: 8 Ch Tabatha's Glacieridge Briar
12: 9 Ch Ridge View Call My Bluff
13: 10 Ch Bo-Mar's Ramblin' Rocket Special
14: The yellow male with Jennifer - Ch Hunt Club Clayview Jetsetter ?
15: 29 Ch Moonlit's Drum Roll
16: 36 Ch Ridge View's Magician
17: 37 Ch Kaltrav Caribbean Cruis
18: 25 Ch Belquest Buckcherry Sundaze
19: 32 Ch Ghoststone's Otterly Fantastic Hollywood Kid
20: 35 Ch Simerdown's Dr Pepper
21: 38 GCH Casbar's Hart To Hart
22: 39 GCH Rosewater 24
23: 40 GCH Danbridge Henry J
24: 18 Ch Brookberry's Perfect Impression
25: NOT SURE
26: 42 Ch Tande First Lady Of Song
27: 43 Ch SGF-2B Of Lab Space
28: 24 Ch Lobuff's Sirius Stuff At Brookstone
29: 16 Ch Canaanland's Pearl Of Ark Angels
30: 22 Ch Tabatha's Pristine with Norm
31: 23 Ch Tabatha's Plush with Carol
32: 26 GCH Belquest Sugar Magnolia At Lobuff RA JH w/ Rusty
33: 27 GCH Lobuff's Working Girl At Shoreline RA JH
34: 28 Ch Hollyridge Lobuff Tupence
35: 33 Ch Forestwood Meili At Brooklyn

Enjoy!

Re: Westminster Breed Ring Breakdown

Very helpful - thank you!

11 and 25 are the same.

Good catch, I re-watched the video and adjusted it.

Thanks BRD. And no problem!

Looks like #25 on the list could be entry #6 (CH Camelot's Dragon Tale) as the woman in the periwinkle/gray suit turns around at approximately the 3:11 to go marker in the video. It's either a 5 or 6 on the armband and entry #5 is already accounted for. Also, #6 is the only AOM winner not accounted for.

ETA: Thanks for compiling the list, Jan! It was very helpful in viewing the video!

You know - I think you are right :) Good eye

Thank you for taking the time breaking it down OP and others that noticed more then I did. Some of the armbands were tough to read on the Westminster video.

Did the Labby ring seem a little smaller then usual? It looked like a little less gaiting was done on the down & back.

I noticed a few dogs that I saw at the Potomac last year who look completely different at Westminster. Either it's the smaller ring or some of them *grew up* maybe. Some in good ways and some not. It was more noticeable to me, this year more then others.

TV cameras are supposed to add weight to humans. Maybe they do the same thing for dogs. I also saw some dogs I have seen in person (I saw Calypso only a few weeks ago) and they seemed heavier than I remembered them.

Who did Norman have ? Yes, the video was not that great showing ANY movement. But still fun to see all the dogs and everyone.

I thought Calypso did a great job. He acted like a typical Labrador in front of the sporting group judge. Nice dog and well deserved win. Also, it appeared he was owner handled which is nice.

Labs
I thought Calypso did a great job. He acted like a typical Labrador in front of the sporting group judge. Nice dog and well deserved win. Also, it appeared he was owner handled which is nice.

Calypso is not owner-handled. He's handled by Erin Hall who also handled Tony (BIS/BISS Ch. Ridge View Heartland Hit Man) who also went breed at Westminster in 1997, among others, and lives here in the St. Louis area. She does a very nice job of presenting dogs.

Patty Streufert
Labs

Calypso is not owner-handled. He's handled by Erin Hall who also handled Tony (BIS/BISS Ch. Ridge View Heartland Hit Man) who also went breed at Westminster in 1997, among others, and lives here in the St. Louis area. She does a very nice job of presenting dogs.

Thanks for the info, wasn't sure.

Who Norm handled is in the OP's post.

As for movement, I dont agree. The dogs that had great movement, showed it. You dont need a good long video clip of them to see it, if its good.

But I am not here to criticize those that had the chance to be at the Garden.

Dear sweet "read". For petes sake I am trying to. I went to OP and saw the list of dogs. So where was the handlers names ? Is it his own kennel ? Don't just help another person, make it hard for them. You would think I was trying to brag on my own dog when all I wanted to know was, who did Norman have ? On my video I could not see a number.

Norman handled #22 Ch Tabatha's Pristine

Thank you Jan, you know how one will just catch your eye. Did not mean to make a big deal out of it.
Video was not real smooth.

Yes, # 25 on the original poster's list was indeed WKC entry # 6 - GRCH. Camelot's Dragon Tale (the
Grand Champion part got left out of the WKC catalog!). She did win an AOM. Thanks for the original post!

I'm so new but I sure admired the lady with the cane showing her dog and he placed too! The dog was so well behaved. Who is the dog and handler?
I give them 2 thumbs up!

That was Carol Heidl (Tabatha). The dog, actually a bitch, was Tabatha's Plush, not exactly an unknown, nor is Carol. Plush went BOS.

BreederNew1
I'm so new but I sure admired the lady with the cane showing her dog and he placed too! The dog was so well behaved. Who is the dog and handler?
I give them 2 thumbs up!

Don't be afraid to ask, good for you.

She is Carol Heidl, Tabatha Labs. She is the one in the Lab World, if you want to learn, follow her and watch her, if you figure out how she does it, you will be the next, so far, no one. She is the main Man, Woman.