Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LRC, Inc. Website Problems

I was wondering if anyone else was having problems with links within the LRC, Inc. website. You can go to the website, but none of their links work. Hope if the webmaster sees this, they will check it out! Thanks.

http://www.thelabradorclub.com/

Yeast Infection on skin

I am trying to help a cocker spanial for a friend of mine he has a yeast infection of the skin and the pigment has turned very dark. Any suggestions for some help? I have also suggested a food change.

Re: LRC, Inc. Website Problems

It looks like its locked down.

Maybe they are updating it :/

I thought they may be updating too, but this has been going on for more than a week.

Email them.

Re: Yeast Infection on skin

Has the vet done a skin scraping to be sure its yeast (fungus) and not bacteria? A culture may need to be done for exact diagnosis.

Holitics:

apple cider viniger (organic with "mother")(helps fight yeast) topically and orally (1 tbsp daily in food with water added to cut the bite)

Alfalfa is an antifungal and antibacterial.

Virgin coconut oil may help.

Perhaps grain free food?

Re: Yeast Infection on skin

We used to use a horse vet who told us she uses 1 part bleach to 10 parts water for any skin issues on both horses and dogs. She has owners apply every 8 hours (3X/day).

Before using this vet, we had lots of ringworm problems when it was warm and moist in late spring when practicing for hunt tests. Since this advice, we've never had a skin issue that the bleach solution did not clear.

I was told the web site had crashed
Why, I don't know, it just suddenly went down.
Hopefully it will be back to normal in a few days.

Thank you for the information Linda.