Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bait bags/pouches in the ring

I am in the market for a bait bag/pouch that I can wear around my waist. I would even like to have one that had enough room or another pocket for my keys.I found a few online, but don't know if they would be too big to look good in the ring.

Does anyone know a good source for these?

I guess a second question would be - should bait bags/pouches used in the show ring be really small and inconspicuous?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Re: Bait bags/pouches in the ring

How about one of these?
http://www.saddlehilllabs.com/BalooBaitBag.html

Oh hey! Those look nice!!
Thanks for the link.

I have a funny story about a bait bag. It was my first time in Group with my boy Zeus. I was wearing a suit and had chicken for bait. I did not to mess up my suit so I pinned a bait bag on my jacket with the bait inside.

As we entered the ring for the first go-round my bait bag apparently popped open and I left a trail of chicken around the ring. The judge came up to me and let me know about my "Hansel & Gretel" move and I sheepishly went and picked up the bait while getting ribbed by the Pros in the ring.

Needless to say I was now fearless because I had already made a fool of myself!

The lesson learned is to make sure that bait bag is properly sealed!!!!

Toni

Weathertop has some nice bait bags too. You can slip any belt through them.

Thanks for the suggestion. I looked on the Weathertop site and found lots of goodies, but no bait bags. Do they only have them at the shows?

I would love an arm band/bait holder all in one. Is there such a thing??

http://www.weathertopcollection.com/products/Cariad_Bait_Bag-16-9.html

This is the Weathertop one.

I prefer outfits with pockets, but will use my Weathertop one on a belt if necessary. I don't think you'd want a fanny pack where you can put other things, I don't think they look good for the ring.

Thanks for your response and the link. I did not see the bait bags - glad you did!