Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Terra Haute shows

Anyone know results from the Terra Haute shows?
Thanks

Re: Terra Haute shows

Anyone? It was a 4 day circuit with majors 3 of the days???

No idea, though I do know some people who planned to go couldn't due to all the severe weather we've been having here in the Midwest!

Thank you Midwest Breeder.

BOB Thursday MBIS BISS GRCH Kaltrav Caribbean Cruise JH

BOB and Group 4 Sunday MBIS BISS GRCH Kaltrav Caribbean Cruise JH (Calypso)

Any more results anyone might be able to share? WD or WB, any of the days, etc.? Did the majors hold?

Labbylover19732
BOB Thursday MBIS BISS GRCH Kaltrav Caribbean Cruise JH

BOB and Group 4 Sunday MBIS BISS GRCH Kaltrav Caribbean Cruise JH (Calypso)

Just wondering why faboo dog Calypso wasn't strutting his stuff at Potomac? Surely his trio of owners could afford to send him to the top show in the world for Labradors?

I don't believe his handler goes to specialties.

anonbreeder

His handler goes to specialties when they are judged by all-rounders (Twin-Cities comes to mind).

Breeder
anonbreeder

His handler goes to specialties when they are judged by all-rounders (Twin-Cities comes to mind).

Why does it matter to you where he is shown? He is a lovely boy and has won at specialties under breeder judges in his past.

Why be so miserable??

Lets set things straight here. I am Calypsos' handler. I show other breeds besides Labradors. I do attend specialties & not just ones judged by "all rounders" I do however prefer specialties tied in with an all breed show weekend allowing me to show my other breeds, including my hound special & my toy specials. Every dog, every special is just as important as Calypso for every owner. May every one of You-especially the "anomymous" posters have the chance to breed, own or show a dog who has given the people who love them the thrill of a lifetime with a dog having as much fun as Calypso is.

Thank you Erin. As a reminder, Calypso won Best Puppy and the next day BOS in sweeps at a Miami Valley specialty so really? is correct in saying that Calypso has won under breeder judges and is a lovely dog.

AND he was awarded a JAM at the WLRC last June under a breeder/judge.

Really?
Breeder
anonbreeder

Why does it matter to you where he is shown? He is a lovely boy and has won at specialties under breeder judges in his past.

Why be so miserable??

Not being "miserable", just expected to see him at Potomac and was surprised he wasn't there.

To the anonymous poster asking why "faboo" Calypso wasn't at Potomac. The statement you made at the end made you sound TOTALLY miserable! Also very "catty". Retract your claws!!!! He doesn't have to go to Potomac for him to be well respected for the great boy he is. All who care know that!!

Actually I was hoping to see him at Potomac also. There were so many wonderful dogs there - would think his owners would want him to attend the best specialty in the world. There are many of us who haven't seen him in person.

How DARE anyone criticize such a special dog!

Obviously it wasn't good enough that he went BOB at Westminster as well as starting off the year going BIS and BISS at the Labrador Specialty in Minnesota! Jealousy is really overpowering and if you want anyone to look seriously at you, you need to tone it down. Calypso is a GORGEOUS, well rounded dog and if you are really that immature to criticize him for not going to Potomac, then you really need to rethink how you look at dogs.

Not everyone can afford or make time to go to such a prestigious show, and handlers as great as Erin cannot just go to specialties when they have other dogs they are showing. Obviously you forget Calypso went BIS/BISS both days at the WLRC supported entry event in Dewitt, IA?

Labradors need to be shown in both types of settings to be a well rounded dog. I really don't understand the mentality of those who believe in JUST specialties, and JUST all-breed shows. There needs to be a happy balance and criticizing GREAT dogs has no place in this wonderful world of Labradors.

Hiding behind an anonymous name is going to get you NO where. Grow up and be happy for your fellow Labrador friends. Be happy for other people and even if you are jealous, hide it and DON'T hurt the feelings of others!