Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My Exciting LOC Brag

Staghorn had a GREAT weekend at LOC this year. My little black youngsters out of Callie and Eagle, (Am/Can Ch Staghorn's Bearridge Caliber x Can Ch Castlegar Lubberline The Eagle) did some pretty exciting winning for a couple of Jr puppies on their first weekend out.

Saturday they each took their large puppy classes in Sweepstakes and then Stewie, (Staghorn's Harris Tweed) went Best in Sweeps under Jane Wewar, (Hunterleigh). Thanks to Jen Harmon for helping us out and showing him due to conflicts. In the specialty Stewie took his class and his sister Sheena (Staghorn's Black Plaid) came third.

Sunday, Sheena wasn't entered in sweeps but she took her class and went on to take RWB and then Best Puppy in Specialty!!! In the same Jr puppy class, our Karma, (Staghorn's Adios Amigos) came 4th in her class, despite being completely naked and still recovering (or at least the hair is) from a tail injury which required stitches. Stewie came third in sweeps and took his class. Their dam, my sweet Callie, made the cut in group.

Saturday's Best in Specialty was out of a Staghorn Bitch, congratulations to the folks at Madabout. And congrats to Kilmaurs as well on their BOS with Ch Tabatha's Autumn Rustle as well as a win or two with their Veteran boy over the weekend, Ch Staghorn's Stormy Weather. You guys also had some wins that I wasn't able to keep track of, especially on Sunday, due to being in the ring or away from it, but congratulations big time.

So I couldn't wait to share my brag. Thanks to everyone for the kind words of congratulations.

To Dawn VanNostrand and all her LOC show committee, BRAVO.......your relaxed atmosphere and hospitality was excellent. Thanks also for making the arrangements for the host hotel to allow dogs in the room. It worked out really well for us. Can't wait for Eolba. Hope to see you all there, and to have some new American guests. We're very close to the border at the top of Route 81 and we too have a very relaxing show, (July 23/24th, back to backs, with Judy Heim and Jean Louis Blais and on the Saturday, we have Leslie Grant judging Sweeps). Hope to see you there!

Re: My Exciting LOC Brag

Dawn Van Nostrand and the LOC show committee did a fine job. Thank you LOC.

Congratulations to all of the winners!

Sorry, I missed congratulations to Staghorn!

So excited to read that the LOC was such a sucess - and congratulations to you Linda - was that a black puppy that went Best of Sweeps? Black at Staghorn - has Staghorn been taken over by aliens?

Again - happy for you and your pooches!

Fil...........

Yes, lets just say we were a bit "rusty" but we now are back in the swing of having blacks here at Staghorn. *W*

I forgot to add my congratulations to everyone who was in the ribbons this weekend. :)

Big Congrats Linda ! you had a great weekend!

Congrats Linda! Gorgeous puppies and well deserved wins. It was great to see you again.

Alana... I remember last year you posted that you lost a puppy out of your litter that was outside in an x-pen. I worried about that puppy and wondered if you ever found him????

YAY Linda. congratulations. You dun good.

Great going Linda and everyone else too!

Congratulations again Linda, Rusty and Jen on a fabulous litter. I have always thought Callie was a beautiful puppy, and I was thrilled to see Rusty and Jen finish her at the Syracuse shows. You must be so proud to see her babies come out full force into the show ring. You and Rusty certainly did a great job picking a stud dog for this beautiful girl. I can't wait to see them in Brood Bitch at Potomac next year. That would be a great way to introduce the babies!!!!! Callie did you proud!

Thanks for your kind comments, Heidi. Yes, Callie has done me very proud, both in Canada and stateside. Ending up with the litter was a surprise that turned out to be a pleasant one. We're very happy with them.