Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Unsightly Blemishes

I have 2 lovely girls who have marks on their faces that I believe are the result of insect bites. They're immediately above the right eye (on one) and left eye (on the other) -- and look horrible. They're about the size of a small white, hard pimple -- and have not gone away for about a week or more! Is there anything safe to use to get rid of them or will they eventually just disappear?
I have one in up coming shows and it really detracts from her face. Any suggestions would be welcomed! TIA!

Re: Unsightly Blemishes

Are you sure they are not ticks? They look like little whiteheads sometimes.

Toni
Are you sure they are not ticks? They look like little whiteheads sometimes.

No, they are not ticks -- I would know a tick. They are small white hard "bumps" much smaller than the size of a pea. You would not be able to remove it with tweezers or tick snips, etc. They look like the result of a bite -- maybe spider -- but right above the eye. They will probably just disappear eventually but because I'm showing one of them, I was hoping I could do something to hasten the process!

You might want to try Vitamin E cream.

OMG -- Great Idea! Thanks!

Also for the show put a little magic marker on the spot if she is brown or black and they have a light beige chalk for a yellow.