Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ingen results on time

I just wanted to let people know that I just received EIC result from Ingen 3 weeks after they received them.

Re: ingen results on time

Breeder
I just wanted to let people know that I just received EIC result from Ingen 3 weeks after they received them.

Yay!!!! Not bad considering you are the only person left in the world using them.

Woo Hoo!! Extra, Extra, Read all about it!!

Sincere condolences for your loss.

The last time I used Ingen they were quick on the turnaround time. For all Im saving by not going to Optigen I will see you all at the next dog show in my new Motorhome!

For all you haters, Keep using Optigen and driving your 1979 Pinto!

Ahhh.... but you aren't using them for an Optigen related test. You are using them for EIC, etc. Here is their price list:
$60 for 1st TEST MARKER, $30 for EACH
ADDITIONAL TEST MARKER - PER DOG

Here is the DDC price list:
$58 for 1st TEST, $20 for EACH
ADDITIONAL TEST - PER DOG

I am saving enough on the EIC and other testing to buy gasoline for my van. Of course, the real savings is in getting timely results from a company I can trust.

Are you really going to trust your results from Ingen?

Breeder

3 WEEKS? I think I had my results from DDC in 3 days.

I won't use a stud that has results from Ingen with my girl that a carrier.

Breeder
The last time I used Ingen they were quick on the turnaround time. For all Im saving by not going to Optigen I will see you all at the next dog show in my new Motorhome!

For all you haters, Keep using Optigen and driving your 1979 Pinto!

You're a lucky devil. You used INGEN and they had decent turn around time. It only took them a few years to make that happen. Now lets see how accurate their results are.

Enjoy your gas costs for the Motorhome when it goes sky high again. I like my Yukon EXT and I prefer solid colored horses not Pintos.

INGEN is all yours, buy stock in them if they go public and use it for TP later.

huh
Breeder

3 WEEKS? I think I had my results from DDC in 3 days.

I won't use a stud that has results from Ingen with my girl that a carrier.

Neither will I! Stud dog owners take heed. I have already passed on a boy I was considering who was PRA tested clear from Ingen, won't take the chance with my carrier bitch, not worth it IMO. Just one stud fee will three times over cover the cost of one Optigen test.

I also just did an EIC test with DDC, I had my results in a week and a half from the time I put the cheek swabs in the mail.

Thanks for the update. I was just getting ready to test a couple of dogs. I'm not in a super big rush and will give them another try.

I had DDC EIC results in 7 days exactly, not 3 weeks.
Any INGEN testing for a stud dog I'm interested in, good-bye. I'm staying far away from him. It's not his fault it's his owners tho. I do not trust INGEN and never will altho I never used them. I saw breeders get a royal screwing. They come thru in 3 weeks now and some are all excited. It's temporary.

Thieves don't change.

The results make sense to me. I trust them. The purpose of my post was to let people know that Ingen is doing better. I also got really bad return time before.
Anyway, where ever I decide to test my dogs is my problem. If you don't like it, keep it to yourself. Gee, you bring all your frustrations of the day to this forum. Take some Xanax.

Tested 2 boys w/ Ingen took 90+ days for results previously. Couldn't wait for results, so I caved and tested the 2 dogs w/ Optigen. Got the same results for the dogs with both companies.

For all the phobics, I'll use Optigen for the boys just for you. But on my girls, I'll save some dough and use Ingen.

Now if only we could get more of you to EIC test your boys and publish results, so we can have a greater pool of dogs to choose from for carrier and affected bitches.

Is there a site where EIC results are published? Or do you mean individual stud dog ads?

Done it

Now if only we could get more of you to EIC test your boys and publish results, so we can have a greater pool of dogs to choose from for carrier and affected bitches.

Problem is that most know the results on their boys already. They don't want people to know the results. If they publish a clear boy then they will be expected to revel their carriers and affecteds..... Shame
If people stick to their guns and not use untested boys, then stud owners will be forced to announce what their boys are or lose $. ANY boy that I am looking at using who does not have a posted EIC test, will have to considered a potential carrier.

Labradata has the stud finder up and working, any dog that owners submit into the database with EIC results are in there. You can search under EIC certs only. Its actually a great tool, I wish more people would submit their boys to it. It is free.

I have found the stud finder to be very easy to use and understand.

Individual ads... websites, catalog/magazine ads..etc. Too many folks not publishing results or not doing testing.

Done it

I am a stud dog owner who has EIC tested all 4 of my regularly used studs. Even though they are tested, I don't have their results on their webpages or that LabraData thing. (I tried to get in there once to upload info and it wasn't user friendly AT ALL. Took me forever and I still have no idea if my stuff ever uploaded.)

Why?????

Because I don't go to places like that to look for studs for my own girls.

I go to dog shows, talk to other breeder friends, and have driven to the stud dog owner's house before to see him in person. When I am interested in a dog it's because he's a good match for my girl, not because he is clear for EIC or PRA. I call the stud dog owner for more information if my girl is a carrier.

What a novel idea!!!!

3 of my dogs are clear for EIC, one is a carrier. If anyone calls to ask about my dogs I am happy to talk about all of the results, and do.

Why don't I post these on my website???

Because I don't want everyone to think I'm on the EIC bandwagon when I'm really not. I've been in and around this breed for a LONG time (both field and bench dogs) and have still yet to see an EIC collapse. For that reason, I do NOT trust the test. I believe 150% that there is an overlooked component that must be present to trigger an episode. Perhaps hormones, perhaps adrenaline imbalance, I don't know. But IMO, there's a HUGE puzzle piece missing from the test and I don't trust the results any more than a lot of you trust INGEN's results for PRA.

I don't test my girls and I don't care if the studs I pick are tested. If I ever have a dog collapse I will be the first to come here and admit I was wrong, but I haven't had or seen a problem in many, many years, why should I now just because a test has been put out on the market.

The only reason I test the active boys is for the bitch owners because it's so inexpensive, but I don't think stud owners should be forced to test. If you don't want to use our studs, then don't. My fear is that we are approaching a slippery slope. It's already so expensive to raise, train, show, advertise, campaign, and health test a stud dog for every fricking condition under the sun. How many more $75 tests are going to be put on the market in the next 20 years for conditions we've never heard of that will nickel and dime us to death.

Be careful all of you bitch owners who sit there and point at the stud owners like they are a bad, money hungry, selfish, lying group of people. Many I know are getting sick of it and a lot of them are beginning to move away from studs or not offer their boys to the public anymore.

If you want to keep a big pool of really nice boys you'd better stop with all the finger pointing. As a stud owner, I am sick of it and in the last 4 years I have not kept a boy out of a litter because of all the crap we have to deal with from crazy bitch owners. Three times I have placed the pick boy with a pet family just because I'm tired of the crap and a girl in the litter was just as nice. I'm not saying that I won't keep a boy again one day, but he seriously may not be campaigned, advertised, or open to the public.

Breeder Op
The results make sense to me. I trust them. The purpose of my post was to let people know that Ingen is doing better. I also got really bad return time before.
Anyway, where ever I decide to test my dogs is my problem. If you don't like it, keep it to yourself. Gee, you bring all your frustrations of the day to this forum. Take some Xanax.

Whoa, you were the one who decided to start the post.

By the way, my ex-husband is an abusive alcoholic, cheated, lost his job and squandered away all of the family's savings. Sorry if I dont just jump at the first chance to accept him back. It's my problem, so if you don't like it keep it to yourself... Get it??

LabraData

(I tried to get in there once to upload info and it wasn't user friendly AT ALL. Took me forever and I still have no idea if my stuff ever uploaded.)

Please contact any board member or just email info@labradata.org to let us know what problems you encountered. We are a service organization and want to know how to serve you better. What one user finds "friendly" may not be suited to another user. We need to know your specific problems with the website in order to make it easier and more versatile. We can't fix what we don't know is broken

Fair enough! The boys are YOUR dogs and you have the right to let them be used or not. Do realize that not everyone "shops" for studs the same way, so you have chosen to only do business with those of a like mind. That is YOUR choice to make. Those of us who live in a different area, do not get to as many specialties, or use the Internet as a first level screening will just not find your boys on their radar. You have to do what makes you comfortable with your own dogs.

Breeder666
Fair enough! The boys are YOUR dogs and you have the right to let them be used or not. Do realize that not everyone "shops" for studs the same way, so you have chosen to only do business with those of a like mind. That is YOUR choice to make. Those of us who live in a different area, do not get to as many specialties, or use the Internet as a first level screening will just not find your boys on their radar. You have to do what makes you comfortable with your own dogs.

LOL....you make it sound as if I'm suffering or missing out. Plenty top notch breeders have my boys "on their radar". I'm not missing out on anything. In my opinion, you are the one missing out on a good dog for your bitch because you don't pick up the phone when a clearance isn't listed.

Believe me.....MY breeding program isn't suffering due to my decisions, how bout yours???

A little advice about online shopping......
Buyer Beware!!!!!!!

If you really want your breeding program to improve in the way you have planned, start putting your eyes and if possible your hands on these boys for yourself.

I've seen gorgeous pictures of dogs that I have seen in person and have been horribly disappointed in. I have seen countless amazing dogs in person whose photos don't do them justice.

Some studs are about as useful to a breeding program as snake oil, but what pretty pictures they have. Thank you professional photographer + photoshop.

Stud dog marketing

LOL....you make it sound as if I'm suffering or missing out.

I certainly didn't mean it that way. You have your way of doing things and so does everyone else. We are each responsible for our dogs and how we choose to use them in a breeding program. Since you have a particular way of stud shopping, you have decided to "market" your boys the same way. You will end up doing business with those who think like you. That is clearly what you say you want. I applaud your choice to only do business with those who see your dogs in person and talk to you personally before any information about their health status is made available. Good for you - you know how you want to represent your dogs for your own comfort.

For breeders that like to window shop before going into a store and asking about the details, other dogs will likely be on their lists to be checked out with the owners. That is what the owners of those dogs want - to get on the list in the first place. That is not at all important to you. Again...good for you! In the long run you will have far less hassle dealing with bitch owners.

breeder/stud dog owner
Done it

I am a stud dog owner who has EIC tested all 4 of my regularly used studs. Even though they are tested, I don't have their results on their webpages or that LabraData thing. (I tried to get in there once to upload info and it wasn't user friendly AT ALL. Took me forever and I still have no idea if my stuff ever uploaded.)

Why?????

Because I don't go to places like that to look for studs for my own girls.

I go to dog shows, talk to other breeder friends, and have driven to the stud dog owner's house before to see him in person. When I am interested in a dog it's because he's a good match for my girl, not because he is clear for EIC or PRA. I call the stud dog owner for more information if my girl is a carrier.

What a novel idea!!!!

3 of my dogs are clear for EIC, one is a carrier. If anyone calls to ask about my dogs I am happy to talk about all of the results, and do.

Why don't I post these on my website???

Because I don't want everyone to think I'm on the EIC bandwagon when I'm really not. I've been in and around this breed for a LONG time (both field and bench dogs) and have still yet to see an EIC collapse. For that reason, I do NOT trust the test. I believe 150% that there is an overlooked component that must be present to trigger an episode. Perhaps hormones, perhaps adrenaline imbalance, I don't know. But IMO, there's a HUGE puzzle piece missing from the test and I don't trust the results any more than a lot of you trust INGEN's results for PRA.

I don't test my girls and I don't care if the studs I pick are tested. If I ever have a dog collapse I will be the first to come here and admit I was wrong, but I haven't had or seen a problem in many, many years, why should I now just because a test has been put out on the market.

The only reason I test the active boys is for the bitch owners because it's so inexpensive, but I don't think stud owners should be forced to test. If you don't want to use our studs, then don't. My fear is that we are approaching a slippery slope. It's already so expensive to raise, train, show, advertise, campaign, and health test a stud dog for every fricking condition under the sun. How many more $75 tests are going to be put on the market in the next 20 years for conditions we've never heard of that will nickel and dime us to death.

Be careful all of you bitch owners who sit there and point at the stud owners like they are a bad, money hungry, selfish, lying group of people. Many I know are getting sick of it and a lot of them are beginning to move away from studs or not offer their boys to the public anymore.

If you want to keep a big pool of really nice boys you'd better stop with all the finger pointing. As a stud owner, I am sick of it and in the last 4 years I have not kept a boy out of a litter because of all the crap we have to deal with from crazy bitch owners. Three times I have placed the pick boy with a pet family just because I'm tired of the crap and a girl in the litter was just as nice. I'm not saying that I won't keep a boy again one day, but he seriously may not be campaigned, advertised, or open to the public.

When you posted

*It's already so expensive to raise, train, show, advertise, campaign, and health test a stud dog for every fricking condition under the sun.*

I sure hope that wasn't in the order you prioritize owning and caring for a Labrador, boy or bitch.

Don't you think the same applies to the girls as you've obviously bred. How about the medical costs and progesterone levels when breeding? Nights spent awake loving your girl while in 1st stage of labor or anytime. Stud-fees, veterinary costs for either sex. You're talking about raising, training, showing, advertising and campaigning 1st. Then you're discussing *health test a stud dog for *every fricking condition under the sun.* Bitch owners test too, you know that. I'm happy to test. If you don't want to or can't afford to, then do you belong breeding a litter?

What I would like to know, what is more important to you of the list you compiled? You left out alot that is important to me. Is it because I don't have stud-dogs that the medical health, temperament, vet bills, proper care and much more is more important to me then what you have on your list? I hope not. Only a few bitch-owners campaign the way stud-dog owners do and it's only so *certain breeders* can sell their girl's get at a massively high price *sometimes*. Other times they want to brag.

If you current stud-owners/breeders don't offer the boys at $1000 per stud-fee at public stud, someone else will breed just as nice boys. You're not the only stud-dog owner or breeder out there and should really speak for yourself only.

*Three times I have placed the pick boy with a pet family just because I'm tired of the crap and a girl in the litter was just as nice. I'm not saying that I won't keep a boy again one day, but he seriously may not be campaigned, advertised, or open to the public.* That's your choice. It seems you're blaming the costs of testing for that. That's part of it and should be for all of us. It isn't though. Everyone does as they please, some only use their boys for their own girls. Many times it's b/c those boys are not desirabe to others but not always.

Perhaps you need to re-think your reasons for having 4 boys and decide if it's the right thing for you. Also, trying putting yourself in the bitch owner's position who doesn't have boys realize they do the same testing or should be as you do along with other costs. Some do and some don't, breeders of either or both sexes.

I usually spend over $3000.00 before a litter is born between stud-fee's, progesterone testing, pre-breeding blood work, supplies, ultrasound if desirable, xrays pre-whelp for beginners. That does not include a c-section if necessary. later, sleepless nights for a few weeks by the whelping box, veterinary costs if needed including vaccines, time spent with the litter, cleaning x 100's, quaity food, bowls, bedding, loads of laundry daily, cleaning after poop machines and toys, shall I continue? Bitch-owners pay for the same clearances if they're doing it right. Their home is disrupted for 8 weeks plus the breeding and 9 weeks of pregnancy and worries. But they breed for the love of the breed and that special keeper or keepers boy or girl they choose. As you've bred, you *know* or perhaps you don't enjoy whelping a litter the same as you don't seem to enjoy being a stud-dog owner?

I'm not complaining, I love what I do when I breed a litter! I hope you do when you breed your girls. Go back to that if you're so miserable but the same clearances apply or certainly should.

I'm done. Think before you complain and prioritize incorrectly in my humble opinion.