Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ME AND MY DOGS

JUST WANTED TO LET YOU ALL KNOW A LITTLE ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON IN MY LIFE. I DON'T WANT A BUNCH OF RUMORS GOING AROUND THAT ARE NOT TRUE....

SO HERE IS THE DEAL. IN THE LAST YEAR OR SO MY SIGNIFICANT OTHERS BUSINESS HAS WENT TO CRAP DUE TO THE ECONOMY. THIS HAS LEFT US LIVING A LIFESTYLE THAT WE ARE NOT USED TO LIVING. IT HAS PUT A HUGE STRAIN ON OUR RELATIONSHIP AND HAS TAKEN US TO SUM NOT SO NICE PLACES...

DOGS HAVE KINDA BEEN PUT ON THE BACK BURNER DUE TO JUST NOT HAVING MONEY TO DO DOG SHOWS AND BREEDING THAT I HAVE WANTED TO DUE. I HAVE NOT HAD A LITTER IN ABOUT 2 1/2 YEARS. I FIND MYSELF HAVING WAY TO MANY GIRLS THAT NEED TO BE BRED AND I JUST CAN'T DO IT AS I CAN NOT FUND IT.... PUPPY SALES AND TRYING TO GET RID OF OLDER DOGS JUST DOES NOT HAPPEN FOR ME IN MY AREA...

I HAD IT IN MY HEAD THAT I WAS JUT GOING TO GET RID OF ALL OF THEM AS I WAS FEELING LIKE I WAS JUST MAKING THE SITUATION WORSE FOR US... SO AFTER MAKING MYSELF LITERALLY SICK AND A NERVOUS WRECK OVER THE WEEKEND I HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT I CAN NOT LIVE MY LIFE WITHOUT SOME LABRADORS IN MY LIFE.
AS MY SIGNIFICANT OTHER SAID TO ME TODAY HE MAY AS WELL TAKE ME OUT BACK AND PUT A BULLET IN MY HEAD IF I WAS TO HAVE TO GET RID OF ALL MY DOGS..

AT THE MOMENT ALL OF MY DOGS ARE HAPPY HEALTHY AND EATING. THIS IS NOT BY ANY MEANS A EMERGENCY SITUATION. I DO HOWEVER APPRECIATE ALL OF YOUR EMAILS AND WANTING TO SEND DOGS FOOD.. TRUST ME IF I NEEDED THAT KIND OF HELP I WILL NOT STOOP AS LOW NOT TO GET ON THIS FORUM AND ASK FOR HELP. I WOULD NEVER LET MY DOGS GO WITHOUT... HECK I WOULD SELL MY BODY ON THE STREET CORNER IF I HAD TO TO SAVE ONE OF THEM...LOL LETS HOPE IT DOESN'T COME TO THAT AS I DON'T KNOW THAT I WOULD MAKE VERY MUCH MONEY....LOL

SO THIS IS WHAT I HAVE COME UP WITH HOPEFULLY THAT WILL WORK FOR ME AND MY DOGS. I HAVE SOME OLDER DOGS THAT NEED PET HOMES, I HAVE SOME THAT COULD GO TO A RESPONSIBLE BREEDER THAT COULD BE BREED, THEN I HAVE A COUPLE THAT I WOULD LIKE TO FARM OUT UNTIL I FIGURE OUT WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN IN MY LIFE... I HAVE SOME THAT WILL STAY HERE AS I JUST COULD NOT EVEN IMAGINE THEM NOT BEING HERE....

MY SIGNIFICANT OTHER IS FILING BANKRUPTCY AND THEIR IS A POSSIBILITY THAT WE COULD LOOSE OUR HOUSE SO I WOULD LIKE TO GET DOWN TO ABOUT 8 DOGS AS I FIGURE I COULD TAKE CARE OF 8 COMFORTABLY AND IF NOT I COULD FIND HOMES FOR THEM IF NEED BE...

WANTED TO ALSO TALK A LITTLE ABOUT MY WONDERFUL BOY "ENCORE" I HAVE TO SAY THAT I AM AMAZED AT HOW MANY EMAILS I HAVE GOT FROM PEOPLE WANTING "ENCORE".
IT ALSO AMAZES ME THAT WHY SO MANY OF YOU WANT HIM BUT HAVE NOT BREED TO HIM. AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED YOU ALL ARE MISSING THE BOAT...... HE IS TRULY A AMAZING DOG AND I FEEL I CAN SAY THAT AS I AM NOT HIS BREEDER..

OK NOW THAT I AM NOTICING THAT I AM WRITING A BOOK I AM GOING TO STOP.. I WILL TRY TO START ANSWERING YOUR EMAILS IN THE NEXT DAY OR SO....

OH AND FOR ALL THE SPELLING POLICE THAT MADE ME
STOP COMING TO THIS FORUM...IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT THIS NOTE YOU CAN KISS MY .....BIG BUT!!!!

Re: ME AND MY DOGS

Rebecca, we are here to support you. Let me kow if I can help you at all -I've got room here if you need somewhere for a dog to go for a while. We're here for you - just let us know if we can help!

If there is anything I can do please don't hesitate to ask.

I was touched by your post. I admire how you have handled this. Your amazing and my heart goes out to you at this difficult time.

Allison Hillius
devonshirelabs.com

Rebecca. I am so sorry to hear about your situation. Just to let you know when I go to your website It sends me to a spam survey site that says I'm a winner of... Not sure why it is doing it but thought I would let you know

JESSICA OH PLEASE SEND ME SOME MONEY IF YOU WIN SOMETHING BIG!!!!! LOL

I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE SCOOP IS WITH THAT WEB SITE, IT IS SO OLD AND OUTDATED...

I AM GOING TO GO VISIT MY WEB SITE NOW TO SEE IF I HAVE WON SOMETHING BIG!!!!!! LOL

Will do It might be my laptop having issues when it goes to your website sometimes it would kick me out or send me to another site I hope my laptop is not sick Who are you trying to place, farm out, etc? You definitely have some nice puppies there

I will try to pull all paper work on the dogs in the next day or so. I got to figure out who all has what clearances as their are so many clearances... Then figure out who needs to go were.. Both home computers have went out, one is in the shop that is my significant others and the other the MAC has to go to the shop for repair. All of my dog info is on the MAC so I will have to pull all hard copies out of the files until I get the MAC back..
I will be very particular were my dogs go. If I don't find breeders with the same breeding practices that I hold then most will be spayed and neutered...

I would like to say thank you to all of you for your words of encouragement and your support threw this tough time. Please keep me and my dogs in your prayers... Thank you all.....

Rebecca, I am so glad you have had the time to re-think the whole situation. The despair & panic in your earlier posts was alarming. Your Sig. Other Half has read you pretty well on this one methinks. I am too far away (Australia) to be of any help except to encourage you to follow the path you have outlined today. I am sure if you can place your dogs in responsible breeding homes, when your situation improves you may be able to get your dogs back
or something nice from them.

You seem to have a good deal of support around you so I hope all turns out well.

Rebecca,
I sent you a message yesterday via facebook. I do not have alot of dogs or by any means am a known breeder but I would like to say I am more than willing to help if need be. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.
(((HUGS)))
Debbie

OLE to you and your husband and may the future hold all that you deserve!

I'm glad to read that you've decided to keep some of your dogs with you. I also agree wholeheartedly with everyone regarding Encore. I have always thought that he's a gorgeous boy!

Barb

Good Luck! I just wanted to pass on that we too had to do a bankruptcy a few years back due to job losses and the economy. Once the decision is made and you start the process, it will happen pretty quick. You stop shelling out money into the black holes of debt (if you haven't done that already), and more often than not, you are able to keep your home and your cars. It's hard to swallow when you have to take that direction, but honestly, you are one of millions that are doing it these days. I think many of us grew up thinking that the black mark on our credit is worse than trying to keep your head above water, struggling, and "doing the right thing." But the option is THERE, it's LEGAL, and so many Americans are having to go that route. It's no longer a shameful out like many of us felt it was 5+ years ago. Our country's economy is in such a state of disrepair that there is no shame in taking advantage of the options available to you. Hopefully your situation is one that resolves once the paperwork is filed....it did for us.

I hope you find homes (permanent and temporary) for the dogs you need to take care of...and take joy in the ones you have chosen to remain with you because without them many of us wouldn't be the people we are.

Good Luck!

Well said!!!

Dear Rebecca,

Just a note to say I'm sorry for your hard times. It's a fact of life that we all face difficulties, financial or health or whatever at some point in our lives. You are doing the responsible thing regarding your dogs. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

Hang in there. While life doesn't revolve around dog shows, it's hard when you're an "addict" to see the forest for the trees, sometimes.

I wish you both the best and hope to see you some time down the road again. You've always been a warm friendly smile when I have seen you.

Best regards,

Leslee Pope
Huntcrest

Hello Mrs. Rebecca Cook,

Hello Ma'am, you don't know me personally, I'm so sorry to learn about your situation. I would like to help in my own little way, are you considering of placing your dogs abroad; like Philippines maybe? I'm going to contact the Labrador Retriever Club here in the Philippines if you want me to, some of the breeders might be able to give a helping hand. Please let me know, so I can discuss to them about the matter.

God Bless you,

Phil Aperocho