Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question for those who feed TOTW

I am new to the TOTW brand. I am using the pacific stream formula. I have my two 4 year olds on it but I have not switched my 15 month old yet because of the calcium/phos ratio and he was a puppy when I started using it. Is this a safe age to start switching over?

Re: Question for those who feed TOTW

Yes. I started my 2 youngin's on it at 9 mos.

thanks!

I switched my dogs to Pacific Stream about a year ago! My girl was about 15 months and she is doing great on it!! Just wish they had a breeder program for coupons

TOTW says it is an all life stages food-My question is- Will it harm a pup "growthwise" to put him on this food at 3 months of age?

I spoke with one of the staff veterinarians about this at Diamond (who makes TOTW) and she advised against it due to calcium ratios and a couple of other things I honestly don't remember. So we wait until 12 months to change to TOTW. Great food though!

Recomendations for a puppy food?
Am using Kirkland Puppy and they have runny stools.

Lab Owner
Recomendations for a puppy food?
Am using Kirkland Puppy and they have runny stools.

ProPlanPuppy C&R My litter at the same age is doing well on it. Don't let them eat too much of any food. If lethargic or runny, get a b.m. sample to the vet fast. Runny equals watery b.m.'s to you or loose? Partially formed? Which best describes? Make sure pups not dehydrated. If any chance they are get 1 or more pups to vet.

BTW: What does this have to do with TOTW? For those that don't like Diamond, they gotchu again with another food name.

I'm ready to throw-up from all this dog food arguing already. Ask a vet and they'll tell you Hills. Hills equal Science Diet.

Love TOTW but want a quality PUPPY food-

Suggestions for food for my new litter of lab pups have been the following:
Solid Gold WolfCub Puppy
Blue Buffalo Basics
Blue Buffalo Life Protection
Blue Buffalo Longevity
Fromm Gold Nutritionals
Comments anyone?

Lab Owner
Love TOTW but want a quality PUPPY food-

Suggestions for food for my new litter of lab pups have been the following:
Solid Gold WolfCub Puppy
Blue Buffalo Basics
Blue Buffalo Life Protection
Blue Buffalo Longevity
Fromm Gold Nutritionals
Comments anyone?

Of all listed I've only tried Solid Gold wolf cub puppy. To my disappointment, my 2 littermates that began it at 6 months both did terrible on it. 1 of each sex. Coats were awful, stools were soft and huge, quick weight gains on 1.5 cups twice a day. Exercise is daily including lake swimming at least 4 times a week.

I began them on 2 cups twice a day and they blew up like balloons. I had a full thyroid panel done on both thinking they were hypothyroid. Normal. They were molting every 2 months on it. That was almost 3 years ago. At that point, after 3 bags I got them off it. There might have been changes since then but I will never use Solid Gold products again. I used them way back and I didn't have a problem except my checkbook.

The food I use isn't on your list, so I won't mention the name. I will say, things changed totally off Solid Gold thank doG.

To labbie Breeder:
If you have a good puppy food, please share the brand name.
Does not matter if it is not on my list as they were only suggestions.

Lab Owner
To labbie Breeder:
If you have a good puppy food, please share the brand name.
Does not matter if it is not on my list as they were only suggestions.

I don't like any of the foods on your list. My first choice would be Eagle Pack Puppy Food. Fromms puppy might be worth a try too.

I weaned my last litter onto FROMM Puppy Gold and liked this food a lot! Puppies did great on it, no mushy poo, and my keeper is still on it at almost 5 months old with nice even growth and great coat! I will definitely use this again for future litters!