Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dremel

What size, power dremel do you use? Thank you

Re: Dremel

I have used a couple different Dremels. I now use the Dremel Stylus with the 120 grit sanding bands. It's cordless, comfortable & variable speed. The variable speed is very helpful with introducing the Dremel & adjusting to nail densities.

I use the Stylus cordless too. The dogs don't mind it and I can make it slower and less vibration for the puppies when training them to it.

Thank you.
Where can I buy one.

Same here. Two speeds and works great for young pups as well

I got mine at our local hardware store. If you keep an eye out they are on sale a couple of times a year.

Is the brand name Dremel?

I bought a mini-mite cordless dremel tool at Walmart for about $25. Has two speeds. Love it!

I have two of these with several dogs. So, the battery start running out pretty fast. And cheaper to buy another than find a battery. I just bought one a little more powerful. Will keep the small one for pups. Just have to remember to recharge right before use.

I got both of mine at walmart. One is a 4 speed corded black&decker and the other is a 2 speed blue cordless one(don't know the name). Both work great

Ann
Is the brand name Dremel?

Yes, Dremel is the brand name. Add me to the list of Stylus users. I love it.

I just use the corded Dremel, plug it in to an extension cord, and use the hook to hang it on my grooming table. I never have to worry about having to charge it!

I too use the Mighty Mite. I have found the trick for maintaining Battery life is to totally run it down before recharging, and charging time is five hours MAX. If I go over those 5 hours it starts to de-charge. This was the advice I got from Customer Service when I complained about having to replace the Battery Pack too often.

That is true with any battery operated tool. If you re-charge when the battery is still half-charged it remembers the half charge and you shorten the "up" or run time. This is why I run my doggie battery operated fans until they are exhausted before I re-charge them.