Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hunting brag :-)

I don't often post here, but couldn't pass this one up

Our old dog "Maddie" ran in her first hunting and working certificate trials this weekend and what a successful time she had!

Saturday morning she ran in her first JH trial and Saturday afternoon she did her second JH one. This morning she ran her WC test. I am happy to say she passed them all with flying colors.

What makes this amazing is that she is 11 years + 2 months old and has only done very occasional fall hunting (5 days total since she started 6 years ago) and has only been working since mid June for these tests. There is another JH trial in 2 weeks that we plan on entering her in and hope to complete it then.

For now she is known as
Stormar's Poet Laureate CD,CGN,RA,WC

(Am Ch Willcare's Master of the Hunt CD,JH x Can Ch Stormar's Not Quite Sure)

So since August 2010 she has obtained her CD, RN, RA, WC and is ready to finish her last JH leg and her RE.

Woo hoo!

Re: Hunting brag :-)

Good dog, good owner! Congratulations!

Congratulations, Sarah and Maddie!! This goes to prove that our Labs are not only "Dogs for all Reasons" they're dogs that can do anything for a LONG TIME!!!!

Sarah and Maddie, congratulations to both of you. For an older gal to do what she did in a short time is beautiful. I wish I was there to see it. Be very proud of your senior gal.

Huge congratulations Sarah and Maddie. What nice titles to add to Maddie's name. Best of luck with the next tests. You should be really proud of all your hard work

love hearing this kinda news

Wow, Congrats! 2 JH tests in the same day? What club pulled that off?

Btw, if this is AKC, we have to have 4 Qs for JH. Or is this Canada???

Thanks everyone! She is an awesome worker and we are so proud of what she has accomplished. Hopefully in a couple of weeks we can add the JH to her name as well.

@ windycanyon - I am in Canada so we do just need the 3 Q's for her title. The province we are in is small and the entry numbers have been down. I think there was 3 MH/ 2SH/ 7JH that ran in both the morning and afternoon trials yesterday. Then today we had 1 WCX /1 WCI/ 15 WC.

Good luck on your remaining tests with your girl Sarah, that is such great news !

Sarah
@ windycanyon - I am in Canada so we do just need the 3 Q's for her title. The province we are in is small and the entry numbers have been down. I think there was 3 MH/ 2SH/ 7JH that ran in both the morning and afternoon trials yesterday. Then today we had 1 WCX /1 WCI/ 15 WC.

Gosh, that would be so neat!!! My talkers wouldn't have much of a chance to get my dander up, lol ;) Hope you finish up soon. Anne