Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Two new titles!!

I was at a three day trail this weekend. My Kodi earned two new titles! Despite a heat index over 100*, and some very hard scoring judges, Kodi earned her OM3 and UDX3!! nd, two ,ore OTCH points (only ay 17 right now).

Lots of things learned, but best of all was that I have my happy dog back. (Last year, Kodi was no longer having fun, and that is no way (IMO) to go about it).

So now Kodi is known as:

UUD URO2 SHR BIMBS GRCH BBI Belles Kodiak Dreamweaver OM3 UDX3 JH RAE TT WCX CGC

Re: Two new titles!!

BBI Labs
I was at a three day trail this weekend. My Kodi earned two new titles! Despite a heat index over 100*, and some very hard scoring judges, Kodi earned her OM3 and UDX3!! nd, two ,ore OTCH points (only ay 17 right now).

Lots of things learned, but best of all was that I have my happy dog back. (Last year, Kodi was no longer having fun, and that is no way (IMO) to go about it).

So now Kodi is known as:

UUD URO2 SHR BIMBS GRCH BBI Belles Kodiak Dreamweaver OM3 UDX3 JH RAE TT WCX CGC

Congrats!
I am confused so can you explain the titles on the front? "UUD URO2 SHR BIMBS GRCH BBI"? I understand a couple of the titles on the rear of the name and OTCH points but not all so those also. Don't the completed titles drop off when the next title in that category is added? Example, SH [Senior Hunter] drops off when a MH [Master Hunter] is achieved. It isn't SH MH or SHx2 MHx1. I am confused with some of the letters and no's.

Which titles are AKC and which are UKC? Which are certificates and not titles Thanks. .

Please educate me

Congrats!
I am confused so can you explain the titles on the front? "UUD URO2 SHR BIMBS GRCH BBI"? I understand a couple of the titles on the rear of the name and OTCH points but not all so those also. Don't the completed titles drop off when the next title in that category is added? Example, SH [Senior Hunter] drops off when a MH [Master Hunter] is achieved. It isn't SH MH or SHx2 MHx1. I am confused with some of the letters and no's.

Which titles are AKC and which are UKC? Which are certificates and not titles Thanks. .

Yup, titles drop off as new ones are earned in each venue, for the most part. CD leads to a CDX then to a UD. JH leads to a SH which leads to MH.

Obedience however recognizes an accumlation of certain titles. For instance, with both OM (Obedience Master) and UDX (Utility Dog Excellent), the numbers after them, indicate how many times you have accomplished that feat. So, for instance, for the UDX3, Kodi and I have qualified in Open B AND Utility B in 30 different trials. The Obedience Master (OM) title is score based. Each OM titles means that you have earned 100 points, scores above 190 in Open B and Utiltiy B earn points, ranging from 5 to 15 depending on your score. OM1 means you have earned 100 points. OM3 ( in this case), 300 points. Once you have reached OM10 it is an OGM (Obebience Grand Master). Essentially, these are titles earned as one as we seek the OTCH (Obedience Trial Championship) title.

BIMBS means Best In Multi-Breed Show...In UKC conformation, the Belgian breeds require special judging. So, if classes are not offered for them, if a dog wins Best In Show(whatever breed), it can be only designated as Best In Multi-Breed Show. (BIMBS) In AKC, there are shows where classes are not offered for certain breeds (typically if there is a speciality offered nearby).... In UKC rules, if that would mean that a dog winning BIS would have to designate that honor as BIMBS....there were not classes offered for every breed possible.

BBI is my kennel name...Brains, Beauty and Instinct.

Congratulations! Very impressive!

And UUD, URO2, SHR, and GRCH are UKC titles.

Congratulations! You have obviously put a lot of hard work into working with your dog! Nice work.

Toni
www.retrieverlife.com

Congratulations Karen! Kodi is doing Bell(and you) proud!