Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Neopar Parvo Vaccine

I recently read that some breeders are giving the Neopar parvo only vaccine to puppies at 4 weeks, before they start their regular puppy combination shots, to give extra early protection. Would like to hear from anyone who does this and your experience with this vaccine. Thanks!

Re: Neopar Parvo Vaccine

Three years ago I had an older pup come down with Parvo. Unfortunately she did not make it. I knew I was having a litter in the next few months and truly worried about them getting it. So I gave the Neopar Parvo vaccine at 4 wks as suggested by my vet. I then gave the combination vaccine at 6, 8, 12, and 16 wks. I had no reactions and everyone was healthy. I have continued to do this and am happy to say there has been no reactions to it and no other puppy has got it.

I've been giving Neopar at 5 wks here for over 7 yrs. At 7 wks, I give Progard 5 (and continue w/ that at 3-4 wk intervals). This has given me more confidence in being able to take my pups to well checks and CERFs before they leave at 8wks. I've not had any problems at all, and the vets I've talked to w/ bigger kennel clients have told me they've yet to see parvo in puppies where it is used. The other nice thing about having Neopar on hand is that sometimes you just feel better about a parvo only booster.

4 years ago I had a case of parvo, terrified to try another litter my vet had me call the Neopar.
Since then I give a neopar single vaccine at 4 and 6 weeks and start the combo at 8 weeks. Have not had a unhealthy pup since. Never had a pup have a bad reaction to them either, I buy mine from Revival or straight from Neopar.

I started using Neopar a year ago. Had two 12 week old puppies break with Parvo and they were kenneled next to 2 bitches in whelp. Gave Neopar at 4 weeks and again at 7 weeks and not a single puppy in the exposed litters had Parvo. I now give it to every litter between 4-5 weeks of age. LOVE it! If you have questions call Neopar directly and ask to speak with Dr Ben. He's the virologist and is extremely helpful. I buy from Lambert Vet Supply.

Will make a note of that. So you give 3 weeks apart? When do you start the other vaccs? I did mine at 5,7 and 9 weeks, and that included Parvo. I'll have to look at what I used, but i didnt have a high exposure like you did Liz.