Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
missing senior lab

a 9 yr old chocolate, female Labrador went missing July 18th from Sunset Beach, FL, near Gulf port, St Pete area.

It is believe her and a second lab were taken out of the yard. The other lab was found wandering the streets 10 miles away the next morning.

I know many there is only a handful in Florida on this list and many of those are already helping to spread the word but I figured one more post wouldn't hurt.

There is a $500 reward offered.

Re: missing senior lab

Wow, thats too bad. Good luck, I hope you find her. What a terrible thing to happen.

What is the contact information? Is there a link to a poster online or something like that, as we spread the word to contacts in that area? Also, is she is not already on there, please put her in the Lost section of the petfinder.com classifieds. Hope that she is home soon!

The owner is Sheri-Lyn and Scot Traylor 727-215-9444, she owns 5 labs all together, all pets, all wonderfully taken care of. Sheri Lyn is very active in rescue and placing dogs and both have hearts of gold.

for those with facebook, here is the page.
http://www.facebook.com/notes/sheri-lyn-traylor/the-search-for-cam-cam/10150263574923555

Any news? I so hope she is okay.

sadly no.....some shady tips are leaning toward the worst.
a possible snatch for dog fighting bait
makes me want to cry.....

she has reward posters in every neighborhood possible, hoping some one needs the money more than the dog.

Please send prayers up for this poor labbie and her owner.

If anyone wants to post flyers in your area, email me and I will send you a copy.

Prayers sent and I do hope someone finds her SOON. Her owner needs to be very careful....

But if Cam may have been stolen for dog fighting, this might be an excellent time to call on the Humane Society and all its resources to help in the search. Teams could go into that neighborhood and search everywhere....They could probably help alot of other dogs, too....

The very thought of what has happened to this lost lab makes me sit here and cry.
Please update the list with hopefully good news when she is found.
Prayers going out...

I certainly hope that is not the case, it didnt even enter my mind! How can people be so sick? I hope you find your girl safe and sound, if not, I hope she's laying around napping in someones home, being loved. Hope you have better news soon.

Oh good Lord I hope she is found safe and happy. It makes me cry thinking of the bait dog alternative.

Anything yet? No updates on the Facebook page...

nothing yet....they are working on raising the reward in hopes to loosen some lips.

Hug your labs and send out prayers for Cammy tonight.

UPDATE! - missing senior lab

She is home safe and sound..... Money talks.
thanks to all that sent personal emails

Re: UPDATE! - missing senior lab

Thank You Lord!!! Made my day

YAH-HOOOOOO!

Oh, thank God!!!! I am so happy for them all....

That's the best news I've heard in a long time.

Prayers have been answered. How did they find her?

there were large groups of people combing neighborhoods for days handing out flyers with a $500 reward offered. They were in really bad areas of town, many times receiving threats that they should leave.

5 days later they got a call from a hispanic guy saying they had "found" the dog and wanted the reward. So the owners went to this house, and they could see other dogs in crates in the house, a swiss and a husky.

she got the dog and handed over a check and left.
They were lucky...very lucky...

the police are involved, looking like a scam, steal a well loved dog and sit back and wait for the reward.

The dog is in OK shape, has two broken teeth, holes in tongue and possibly a few broken toes. but she is home and safe, vet visit tomorrow.

time are getting harder and those with nothing will do anything for money, keep your kids and pets close.