Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Want to be a Star??

Got this e-mail today.

Good Day,

My name is Quinn Fegan, I'm a Casting Director with True Entertainment, a television production company based in New York City. I came across your information and wanted to reach out with an extremely unique and exciting opportunity.

We are currently casting a new cable television documentary series following the lives of puppies and kittens in their first 8 weeks of life. We want to see them first open their eyes, learn how to walk, play, eat and interact with the world! We are looking for every breed of pregnant cats and dogs to feature that are located in the Tri-state area (NY, NJ, CT) and are due to delivery between July-September 2011.

If you are interested, know someone who may be, or can help spread the word I would love to speak with you further. The casting call is below, and please feel free to get in touch with me at 212-763-3455.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Major cable network is looking for all varieties of dogs and cats who will be giving birth to a litter between July-September of 2011. This documentary series will follow the lives of puppies and kittens in their first 8 weeks of life! Must be located in the Tri-state area (NY, NJ, CT). All breeds please apply!!! If you are interested or know someone who may be, please email puppykittycasting@gmail.com with your name, contact number & email, what type of dog or cat you have, their projected due date, a few sentences about what makes your mamma dog or cat special, and a picture of them. Thanks!

Best,
Quinn Fegan

True Entertainment
601 West 26th Street
New York, NY 10001
puppykittycasting@gmail.com
212-763-3445

Re: Want to be a Star??

Is it normal for a company to use a gmail address? Just curious, might be totally innocuous but I would have thought they would have their own domain or at least not a freebie email addy. Gmail is a freebie isn't it? If not, sorry for wasting your time. I would just be a bit suspicious.

It seemed a little suspicious to me too. I live in that area and I am expecting a litter in that time frame, and I am usually contacted by the animal ad agencies in the area when they are looking for something and no one has contacted me about this.

It's possible, but the company is legit. I don't think it's strange to have a gmail account for a specific project, it allows the casting people to keep track of each project separately.

Years ago I applied for a TV show and the casting people I met with used an AOL e-mail.

I don't know about you guys but I love documentaries. Hope it is legit and there is a final product:) Puppies and kittens in their 1st 8 weeks of life....How cute is that;)

That is a normal New York City phone no. Call it and ask for further information including their website.

Gmail is used by us breeders even when we have a website email. Some people like Gmail.

Investigate it carefully before considering working with them. You know the red flags.

FWIW, I just Googled True Entertainment and it certainly came up with a website but the address and phone number are not the same as in the letter. I also googled Quinn Fegan and he does live in New York and is a videographer. He is 23 years old.

I would be inclined to do a little more checking up before I gave any info in response to the letter.

On the True Entertainment website under their current shows is the following:-

Too Cute

Type: Fiction
Channel: Animal Planet

They’re cute. They’re cuddly. But what’s going on inside those fuzzy heads? You’re about to find out.

Too Cute is a light-hearted high-end nature documentary that follows the birth and first months of three distinct puppy and kitten litters from the animals’ perspectives. Complete with amazing cinematography, overwrought writing and a fancy voiceover – it’s puppies and kittens the way they were meant to be seen… ridiculously up-close and in jaw-dropping super slo-mo!!

It would appear from this that the show is already done. There is another page on the site about upcoming productions which are still casting

If you Google the address, 601 West 26th Street, New York, NY you'll see the companies at that address.

Martha Stewart is there and other upscale agencies. That means it's a high rental or expensive co-op area.

Do your investigation if you want to attempt working with something like this. Chances are, it's not a legit company. Investigate and you'll easily find out. Obviously, no one else so far has recieved the same email yet.

Olivia Nankivell
FWIW, I just Googled True Entertainment and it certainly came up with a website but the address and phone number are not the same as in the letter. I also googled Quinn Fegan and he does live in New York and is a videographer. He is 23 years old.

I would be inclined to do a little more checking up before I gave any info in response to the letter.

Exactly what I suspected. I had begun looking into it but it's not an email I recieved. The OP can do the rest.