Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New MH

Jake (Linamia Thanks forthe Memories CD RE SH finished his Master Hunter title today, owner handled and without handling on a mark. Jake has had minimal training this year because of injuries to him and to his trainer. He titled in five straight tests and also earned his CD and RE this spring. Jake's field work was started by his co-owner Sue Kiefer, and most of his training for the field was done by Larry Sonntag of Salty Dog Farms. I trained and handled him to his obedience titles. He has 4 AKC points, also owner handled.

Re: New MH

Congratulations to all involved!

Congratulations. I just dscovered what fun this hunt stuff is, so watch out. I'll be there.

Congrats Peggy! What a great accomplishment!

Congratulations!!!

Congrats on all your hard work! That is a great accomplishment!

Toni
www.retrieverlife.com

Congratulations!!

Gail R
Congratulations. I just dscovered what fun this hunt stuff is, so watch out. I'll be there.

Hunt *stuff* & *Watch out*. Hmmmm. Not sportsmanlike.

*Sounds like fun. I might join in more.* sounds better when congratulating someone on a new MH. That's a large accomplishment that doesn't happen overnight. Special dogs & lots of work achieve that title. JMHO.

Congratulations to Peggy, Linamia Thanks for the Memories CD RE MH, Sue Kiefer & Larry Sonntag.

Huge CONGRATS, that is alot of work and I love that it is making others more interested in field work. Nice to see another MH added. Several lately. Good work. Good breeding.

Congratulations Peggy, No doubt that Jake is headed down the path of a dream come true for you, to become one of those distinquished CHMH's.

To say that Jake comes from good breeding is an understatement. He is one of a litter of 12 that Peggy can be very proud in it's entirety. Not to diminish Jake's outstanding accomplishments but to show that he's no "one hit wonder", a number of Jake's siblings have participated and excelled in the show ring or some kind of perfomance event.

His brother Bosun has any number of obediance and rally titles, I've lost count of Bosun's accomplishments. Sister Rosie has her SH and trained thru to the MH. There are other's that have JH's and several littermates went on to be successful service dogs with Paws With a Cause.

Peggy's outstanding contribution to the breed extendeds itself to the next generation as well. A second generation of this breeding includes a 3 year old with 3 passes toward his MH already and several others working JH's or already proving themselves to be great hunting companions.

While earning an MH is huge, Peggy has earned so much more to be proud of.

way to go Peggy! what a proud moment, hope you have pictures! way to go Jake!

Congratulations, Peggy!!

Wowser! HUGE congratulations to all involved!!!!
Anne

Very nice, Congrats to the owners, alot of hard work and $$$. Congrats to Peggy for picking well. Congrats to the dogs behind this dog with working titles. Sort of like takes a village.

Congratulations to all involved in earning an MH title for Jake. Great news Peggy!!!

Big Congratulations! What an accompaniment indeed!

That is fantastic news! Congratulations!

Thanks for defending me, JMO, but I did not read anything into Gail R.s message except declaration of her new-found enthusiasm for field work. When I first started going to hunt tests over 20 years ago, I often had the only conformation dog at the test. I love it that there are now more conformation-bred dogs, champions and prospective champions running. I encourage Gail and everyone else who thinks they might be interested to get more involved. Your dogs will thank you, and it will be good for the breed!

Thanks to everyone who emailed me privately as well as those who replied on this thread for their congratulations. Jake is a very special dog to me, and I am still floating on air on how good he made me look this past weekend.

Congrats Peggy - well done!!!!

That's wonderful, Peggy! Congratulations!