Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pregnant?

We bred our bitch about 3.5 weeks ago. We have been in a vacation with our girls and this bitch has been very much unlike her self. Very very calm, sleeps allot, and she just thrives for cuddle and hug and kisses... she has never been like this before and people who know her that are also with us in our vacation are talking about how calm she is... I can't notice any other change than that. I wonder if this is a sure sign of pregnancy??
I will be taking her to do a ultrasound in 1.5 weeks or so.
Would love to hear other's tell how their bitches changed when they got pregnant, what changes did you notice first???
TIA

Re: Pregnant?

All mine have become quieter and love to snuggle at my feet when I'm on the computer, reading the newspaper, etc. They do sleep more and tend to snore.

Hildur,

Aren't you the one with the good nose??? Just smell her and you can tell that way.

Just kidding. Yeah, mine usually are more layed back and quiet when pregnant although I've had girls do that with false pregancies too. Give her another 2 weeks and you'll know for sure!!

Sounds like she is. I think you should be patient, if she isn't pregnant will that change anything for you right now?

I have found that my girls are more needy of attention, want to hang around you more and are calmer. They also have always stayed a little swollen after breeding instead of going back to their normal little sized vulva. Their nipples become more noticeable at about 2-3 weeks. Sometimes will have a clear or whitish stringy discharge that usually goes away the farther along they get. Coats stay really nice instead of blowing it. The one time I had a miss there were none of these signs.

The nose knows
Hildur,

Aren't you the one with the good nose??? Just smell her and you can tell that way.

Just kidding. Yeah, mine usually are more layed back and quiet when pregnant although I've had girls do that with false pregancies too. Give her another 2 weeks and you'll know for sure!!

Ohhh darn, maybe I should try and smell her... hehehe

breeder: Ehhhh well no of course it wouldn't change anything if she wasn't pregnant as I wasn't asking if it would change anything if she wasn't ;)
I simply asked if anyone could give samples or stories of their bitches of early stages of pregnancy!

Our bitch who us due this week only showed that she was really pregnant about two weeks ago, but she did n't appear to have a very big litter, but we always do an xray about a week before and she has a large litter. We don't do ultra sound. If she is-she is. There is no reason for us to know and we always do an xray before. We have always do it this way for the past 30 years. Even if we did an ultra we would still xray because, in this case, there was a puppy across the cervix so we would have lost puppies. We also do not have our bitches palpated. Everyone does what he wants to do. And the bitches do become more attached when they have been bred. Good luck with your upcoming litter. We always think possitive and if she isn't, she isn't I had a friend who did ultra and was told no puppies and had a litter of 8. go figure. ellie

Hildur@Draumalands
We bred our bitch about 3.5 weeks ago. We have been in a vacation with our girls and this bitch has been very much unlike her self. Very very calm, sleeps allot, and she just thrives for cuddle and hug and kisses... she has never been like this before and people who know her that are also with us in our vacation are talking about how calm she is... I can't notice any other change than that. I wonder if this is a sure sign of pregnancy??
I will be taking her to do a ultrasound in 1.5 weeks or so.
Would love to hear other's tell how their bitches changed when they got pregnant, what changes did you notice first???
TIA

At 3 to 4 weeks I see a clear discharge from the vulva in most of my girls when they're pregnant. I also notice the cervix doesn't go down to normal size before her heat and teat enlargement. Each girl does it at her time, not all do these things at exactly the same time.

Thanks to all who responded :)
My vet offered me to take her today to do an ultrasound... and yes she is surely pregnant :)

Congratulations!

breeder
Congratulations!

Thank you!!