Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Salem, VA results???

Please post results when available.

Re: Salem, VA results???

InfoDog not posting until the end of the day or until the end of the cluster. Anyone there, please post. Thanks.

All I heard was that WB went Breed yesterday, but I don't even know who WB was.

Does anyone have today's results?

Can someone explain to me why a club wouldn't want results posted? Infodog does a really great job of getting results out to all of us in a timely manner, doesn't make sense to me.

Me neither? I find it frustating. They must think their show is so important that they have to hold back catalog and the results. Get real the entry numbers are peanuts.

This is very frustrating for exhibitors that count on viewing results through InfoDog if they are not present at a show. As a show committee member, in my club, we pay a premium to use MB-F as a Superintendent because they provide such great and prompt service. I actually thought about emailing the cluster chairperson for these Virginia shows to ask why a club would want to withhold catalog/results and what would be the advantage for a club to do this? I personally see none. They've already gotten the entry fee. It's not like people can get a refund if they don't like the competition. I saw this one other time 2-3 months ago with another cluster. Don't remember which one.

I agree. I don't see the advantage. They have the money for the entries already and if an exhibitor does not show up then they are ahead of the game. Some of us pay a membership fee every month to infodog to get the perks like early results. I don't think clubs should be able to withhold the information. JMO

I also pay for this service, maybe we should send the bill to these clubs. They are keeping us from getting what we have paid for. Maybe this type of behavior is another reason the entries are down, why support bad behavior.

I pay for the real time results too and it stinks that the club is witholding the catalog and results until the end.

some clubs feel that they are losing catalog sales, people can download the online catalog and not have to buy the real thing

Catalog sales
some clubs feel that they are losing catalog sales, people can download the online catalog and not have to buy the real thing

Sounds right to me.

And remember when the only results we got were via telephone when someone at the show called us? Then phones would ring across the country as the news was spread. Or when we had to wait for AKC to send out their show results magazine months later? Life was a bit slower back then. We're spoiled these days with instant results. I hate waiting even a day past the show.

And remember when the only results we got were via telephone when someone at the show called us? Then phones would ring across the country as the news was spread. Or when we had to wait for AKC to send out their show results magazine months later? Life was a bit slower back then. We're spoiled these days with instant results. I hate waiting even a day past the show for results.

I just don't think this is it. I normally don't buy a catalog, but I don't download it and print it either. I look at the catalog hanging in the ring.
I think the results service (even if not instant, but by the end of the day) is more for the people that are waiting at home to hear about their dogs, and it is very helpful as most handlers don't have time to call.

Oldie, too
And remember when the only results we got were via telephone when someone at the show called us? Then phones would ring across the country as the news was spread. Or when we had to wait for AKC to send out their show results magazine months later? Life was a bit slower back then. We're spoiled these days with instant results. I hate waiting even a day past the show.

I am tired of hearing about how we should be patient and wait for results because that is how it was for you back in your day. Times have changed and today we have new technology and since we are paying to have this service we should be getting it.

well, that will be the case when our dog club has a show in the fall. someone brought up the subject and a vote was taken..........I voted against........but it was approved by a show of hands in a meeting with 15 people present (quorum).....so this is something that each club can control and not really up to the superintendent....yes we pay for the infodog service, but the dog clubs trump!

You still haven't answered the question, WHY? If your club is so proud of doing something that makes people mad, then give us your club name and I for one will be sure to not attend. You've only stated that it was voted on it. This is insane, time to go play with my lab.

tired
Oldie, too

I am tired of hearing about how we should be patient and wait for results because that is how it was for you back in your day. Times have changed and today we have new technology and since we are paying to have this service we should be getting it.

The telephone grapevine was the 1980's version of the internet. My comments above meant nothing more than that. It was as exciting to get a phone call sharing results back then as it is today to find it on the internet.

So with all that said, does anyone have any results???