Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Want to Build Majors in Rochester MN & Des Moines IA?

If anyone wants to help build majors in Des Moines IA shows...dates are Sept 10-11

onofrio is the super.

If anyone is interested in the Rochester,MN shows. Dates are Sept 17th and 18th. Onofrio link is below.

http://www.onofrio.com/execpgm/wbshwpg?SHOW=ROCH085046

Re: Want to Build Majors in Rochester MN & Des Moines IA?

Who are the judges for these wouldbe majors?

DesMoines~~

Carl Liepmann~Saturday
Dr. Klaus Anselm~Sunday

Rochester~~

Eva Berg~Saturday
Sandra Goose Allen~Sunday

Hmmm...thanks but no thanks on the first day at DM. Will probably be there the second day but not sure yet.

Well
Hmmm...thanks but no thanks on the first day at DM. Will probably be there the second day but not sure yet.

What would you be entering if you did come the 2nd day? And why not the first too?

Not a judge I will waste an entry fee on.

I think it will be really difficult to convince anyone to build major in both of those cities with those judging panels.

I have one boy who will be entered at Rochester both days.

Des Moines is a possibility for both days, but not sure yet.

I entered a dog and a bitch in DM. Won't waste any more entry fees on a "maybe" major". If we know for sure we are 3 or 4 dogs over I might consider entering 2 boys but won't commit.

Thanks for helping to try to get a major organized.

2 males for me DM both days and maybe a third puppy male both days!!

Keep those posts coming about who is entering what, as we are really close to a major for dogs...need several more for bitches but we can do it!!!

THANKS EVERYONE!!!

Perhaps you could list your email so that folks could respond to you directly to avoid any double counting.

Good idea....please do send your numbers by email. We will put you on our list and forward updates as we get them so you have somewhat of an idea how many we know of for sure.

I wouldn't show to those judges if the entries were free! None of them know breed type and you'll end up building majors for slight dogs shown by professional handlers. Carl used to reward a typey labrador but the last couple times he's judged in my area we were very disappointed in his choices. I'll be watching the super's site to see what kind of entry they get and who wins.

Maybe if you approach the show committee at these shows and suggest some good judges you can build the majors for them next year. Not saying breeder judges but good all-rounders who know a good Labrador! Donald Sturz, Doug Johnson, Keke Kahn, Liz Muthard, and the like. At least then the major will mean something!

If you are entering please e-mail Sherry or list your name. Relying on "anon" or whatever you use as a forum name is not a good way to get an accurate count. I am wondering if people really will enter if we don't know who they are.

Thanks for your support.

Anyone going to Amana, IA?

Is anyone planning on going to the Amana, IA shows over Labor Day weekend? It's Tri-City Kennel Club, judges are J.E. Noe, Liz Muthard, C.L. Olvis, L. Stanbridge. Any thoughts on them? Thank you!

Looks like we have a major in dogs at this time with the folks that have contacted me. Please let me know if you are planning to enter either dogs or bitches... Sure appreciate it!

Jennifer - Brown Stone Labs
If you are entering please e-mail Sherry or list your name. Relying on "anon" or whatever you use as a forum name is not a good way to get an accurate count. I am wondering if people really will enter if we don't know who they are.

Thanks for your support.

I am hoping for majors in Des Moines.

Midwest
I have one boy who will be entered at Rochester both days.

Des Moines is a possibility for both days, but not sure yet.

Please email me and let me know for sure, along with your name. Lookslike we have a major for both days...if everyone shows.

Well

You sure you won't come both days? Please email me and let me know for sure, along with your name. Looks like we have a major for both days in DesMoines...if everyone shows. Someone has to take the points and you can't if you don't show.

Well
Not a judge I will waste an entry fee on.

DITTO

Are you kidding? Keke Kahn

As we know everyone is entitled to thier oown opinion. Opinions were not asked for with this thread. The OP is asking to be contacted if you are entering. Not everyone like every Judge that Judges labradors, and such is life.

There truly is no reason to hi-jack threads and go way off the subject.

Help
Well

What would you be entering if you did come the 2nd day? And why not the first too?

Because the first day's judge will only put up cute, petite female Professional Handlers. I've seen him do it repeatidly and will not support him either. Such a shame because he used to do a nice job until the politics became more important to him.

Absolutely not...I won't waste my money, gas and time to show to judges who put up and perpetuate mediocrity.

Again - Just asking you to post with your real name or e-mail Sherry if you are coming and tell us what you are bringing. Not asking for opinions on anything.

Is that majors counting my 3 males? Right now I only have the 1 entered. Again I don't want to enter the other 2 if we are not at least 1 or 2 males over a major. And this time I am picking my judges, sorry but I won't enter 3 males both days.

Debi - including your 1 male we have 11 for sure. Possibly 13. If you add your other 2 males we would have 13 for sure, possibly 15. I don't care what days you enter and how many. Just let me know what you decide.

Thanks!
Jennifer

Jennifer - Brown Stone Labs
Again - Just asking you to post with your real name or e-mail Sherry if you are coming and tell us what you are bringing. Not asking for opinions on anything.

Excuse me...Sherry is the one who directly asked me off of my initial response why I would not enter the one day and then her last post (which I just responded to if I would not consider coming given the entry). If you don't want the response...quite asking the direct questions of why!

Will DEFINITELY be there with 1 male (to make your major :) ) and Lori Tranmer will have 1 female. We will be there both days.

To the others that have posted. I am sorry you feel this way about the judges. I have tried several times asking for help with majors. Finally made them in Omaha under Carl and Sari T. Major broke under Carl but we had it on Sunday. If you don't have anything nice to say don't say it unless asked for an opinion. Don't bother posting please as it makes it discouraging for those building the major. I did not appreciate the harshness I recieved before as I am 19 years (almost 20) and have been around this since I was born, probably longer than most of the rude people, THAT HAVE POSTED UNDER ANONYMOUS NAMES TO HIDE THEMSELVES, have been breeding (and you lead me to believe this because I talk to very prestigious breeders of over 30 years and they have nothing but kindness for me).

Can't wait to see everyone for majors in DES MOINES!!!!!! Glad it wasn't me trying to build this time

Jennifer,

Are you all going to be at the Labor Day circuit in Amana the weekend before? Judges: Jim Noe, Liz Muthard, Charlie Olvis and Larry Stanbridge. If you're building majors for that show, I'd consider driving over with a dog, a bitch, and a special.

Well
Absolutely not...I won't waste my money, gas and time to show to judges who put up and perpetuate mediocrity.

Thank you *well* for this information. I had no idea. Adding this to my list to check out. I'll go to observe instead of wasting time and money with my dogs. I will and have attended dogless many times now.

I know movement and structure. If a judge puts up a mediocre dog over well moving with excellent conformation, I won't ever show to them.

Isn't that the way to find out with our own eyes? I'm booking a flight tomorrow instead of driving, airfare is down 10% to 20%. Sorry ladies but I'm out for this one.

There is still time to contact us and let us know if you are planning to attend one or both days. Entries close the 24th.

Thanks to those who have entered and supported the opportunity to build majors.

We will see you there!

Again, please email me and let me know if you are entering.

Entries close Wednesday, August 24th. You still have time to enter!!!