Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ivermec ratio

What is the ratio of ivermectin injection 1 %. to proplylene glycol. For heart worm prevention? Thank you

Re: Ivermec ratio

I don't bother with the proplylene glycol. I just dose a piece of bread and it's GONE.

told me to mix 1 ml with 100 ml of propylene glycol. Then to use 1 ml of the mix for every 20 pounds of dog.

Thank you

I also have never mixed with anything, We have been using it this way for over 20 years. I am not sure who decided it needed to be mixed.

I dose for heartworm and internal parasites every 45 days at 1cc per 100 lbs. use a 1cc syringe to get close to proper weight per animal.

86 cc prop. glycol
14 cc 1% ivomec cattle
= 100 cc prep.

1 cc per 10 pounds..
under 10 pounds 0.1 cc per pound.(use a 1 cc syringe)

I also use olive oil instead of prop. glycol.

The reason it is mixed is to provide a carrier to aid in absorbtion.

Re: Revival: Is this the ratio for just heartworm prevention, or is it the ratio for the added worms?

IVOMEC Injection is a clear, ready-to-use, sterile solution containing 1% ivermectin, 40% glycerol formal, and propylene glycol, q.s. ad 100%. IVOMEC Injection is formulated to deliver the recommended dose level of 200 mcg ivermectin/kilogram of body weight

ivermec is already a compound and does not need a carrier, it instantly absorbs through the tissues in the mouth and throat, I doubt any of it even makes it to the stomach.

the mixture is helpful for dosing dogs under 10 lbs, but not necessary for med and large breeds.

Revival sheet says:
86 cc prop. glycol
14 cc 1% ivomec cattle
= 100 cc prep.

1 cc per 10 pounds..
under 10 pounds 0.1 cc per pound.(use a 1 cc syringe)

I also use olive oil instead of prop. glycol.

The reason it is mixed is to provide a carrier to aid in absorbtion.

Doesn't that equate to .14 cc of 1% Ivomec per 10 lbs of dog body weight? In other words, doesn't the Revival sheet indicate that the heart worm dose for a 100 lb dog would be 1.4 cc of Ivomec rather than the 1 cc dose which a previous poster wrote?

in correction the actual dosage on the bottle is 1cc per 110 lbs. but for measuring sake my repro vet always used a 1 cc syringe and said to do 1cc per 100 lbs. or .10 cc per each 10 lbs.

ivermec is a hard to overdose unless the dog eats the bottle or is a herding breed.