Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Champion for the history books!

I don't very often feel the need to brag on this forum but today I'm going to do so.

Tom & Gail Shearer, Margaret,Andrew & Mairi Brown and myself are all on cloud 9!

Today at the Bournemouth Canine Association show our "Windy" received her 3rd CC and was officially made up. Her new name is Multi BIS BISS Am, Can, Eng Ch ClearCreek BonaVenture Windjammer.

Windy is the first ever Labrador to be bred and owned by someone in the US to gain a Champion title in the UK! Thank you to the judges who were willing to look past the fact she is "the American dog" and reward her with a CC - Isobel Key, Marion Hopkinson and Susie Wiles.

This venture could not have been possible without the generosity, guidance and friendship of the Ramsayville team. We are forever grateful and indebted to you all and can't wait till we can hug you again!

Re: New Champion for the history books!

Huge congrats! But is that really true??? No American bred/owned dog has earned a UK championship? I find that very hard to believe! (Not saying you are wrong---just hard to believe!)

That is awesome, you should be very proud, Congratulations to team Windy!!

A huge congratulations to the whole team and the breeders on Windy. I saw her and her brother at Jersey Skylands when they were entered in the 6-9 a few years ago. I remember saying to myself...wow that is gonna be a lovely bitch!

Huge Congrats to the team ! What a magnificent speciman of the breed !

Breeder
Huge congrats! But is that really true??? No American bred/owned dog has earned a UK championship? I find that very hard to believe! (Not saying you are wrong---just hard to believe!)

Not sure why you would find that hard to believe. Until only a few years ago it was impossible to send a dog to the UK without a 6 month quarantine so only a small handfull of dogs from the US made it in the country. Hawksmoor Webster is the only one of I know of and I do not believe he was ever made up. There have been a small number of males to become Am/Eng Ch's but they were all Eng bred dogs who then came to the US - they include Receiver of Cranspire, Lindall Mastercraft, Lawnwood's Hot Chocolate and Ole. There maybe a few more that I'm missing.

Our girl is the first US bred/owned bitch to ever receive a CC in the UK and the only Labrador (to the knowledge of the Brown's) that has ever been made up. I will be sure and let you know if one of the old time UK breeders corrects me.

HUGE congrats to Windy and all involved in this wonderful accomplishment!!!

You are both sort of correct about this. Windy may be the first LABRADOR to come from the US and earn a CH. in the UK. It has been done before in other breeds, however.

http://youtu.be/DIqv3q-6VmI

Video of Windy taking the CC under Marion Hopkinson. Stunning bitch!

Who cares about the details!! This is just awesome!! Congrats to all of you!!

Big congratulations to the whole Windy Family!!

Well deserved, and so great to see one of her CC's captured on video :)

I watched the video and was impressed by the over-all quality of the girls, but Windy certainly held her own! Congratulations! And yes, because of the quarantine laws, I can believe that she is the first American champion to title in Great Britain. Who would wait in quarantine for 6 months just to show in Great Britain? I have a question. In viewing the video I see that three of the dogs were JW. I was under the impression that this is a title given if a dog wins three CCs before a certain age - one or two years, and that it converted to a Ch if they won a CC as an adult? If that is the case, would it be unusual to have that many girls with a JW in a CC competition?

According to the results, Windy's CC is only half of the story. She is listed as going BOB as well!!!!! Congrats to the whole team!!!

Congratulations!!!!!

Wow! Congratulations to all involved in this tremendous achievement -- especially Windy! The video was wonderful -- thanks Anki for posting it -- Windy looks fabulous in it!

Terrific video! Thanks for sharing. Congrats to the whole group. Sometimes it takes a village.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCoQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thekennelclub.org.uk%2Fdownload%2F1752%2Fjwform.pdf&rct=j&q=Junior%20Warrant&ei=NVdJTuLyIoawhAf_lZyfBg&usg=AFQjCNGBONWPFxrlJ83O89zpXR-kq1ft5Q&cad=rja

Peggy: Horrid lenght of URL, but here you can read everything about the Junior Warrant (JW) regulations:-)

WOW! WOW! WOW!

HUGE CONGRATS!

Wow, congrats to all of you!!! That is really fantastic!!

Saw this bitch at the Canadian National in 09 where not only did she walk away with top honours there but creamed the all breed shows winners for BIS hat trick. She was lovely to watch Tom show her

What an incredible accomplishment! Congratulations to everyone!

New Champion for the history books!

She truly is an amazing girl and HUGE CONGRATS to the entire team. While she may be a once in a lifetime girl lets hope she is not and she reproduces herself in her litters so one of those can fill her shoes some day. Keep going Windy!

What an accomplishment - Congratulations!!!!!!!

Congratulations!! That is certainly one for the history books!

So awesome Liz! Don't anyone try to take her sunshine away! Huge congrats!

Congratulations team Windy!!

This is fantastic news and you all are to be congratulated. I know you are trilled beyond words. Thank you for sharing this well deserved brag.
marion

Huge congrats to everyone on team Windy! Woo hoo...what a wonderful accomplishment!

Thanks, Anki. I thought the JW actually required CCs.

Congratulations to all involved and thanks for sharing the video. Nice to see so many nice Labradors doing well. That whole class was very nice.

WooHoo!! Huge Congrats to Team Windy on your wonderful accomplishment! Definitely a lovely & deserving girl!

Have been impressed with this girl from the beginning of her "career". She is a great representative!!!!
Huge Congrats to Windy & her deserving team!

That is really wonderful! Congratulations to all involved. I will always remember that Windy was my Best of Breed at the Canadian National and my Group First.I was also so pleased to see her going BIS. Again huge congratulations for a outstanding bitch!