Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Replacement judge

As many of you probably know, Wendy Mcnaughton has taken seriously ill. She has asked to be relieved of her judging assignment at our supported entries at our all breed show.

Before you throw up your arms in despair and cancel your trip, know that at this very moment inquiries are out to other breeder judges to fill in for her. Once I have a name and AKC approval I will share with all of you.

Please remember that sometimes judges cannot accept because they are in conflict with a previous show ( 30 day/200 mile rule) or will be judging where they have been asked not to judge the breed for x# of months like as long as 6 months, before their shows. That has actually put a fly in my ointment in 4 judges already. so be patient---

Now just offers your prayers and positive thoughts for Wendy for a full recovery and a return to her beloved labs and judging.

Jeanne

Re: Replacement judge

I am so sorry to hear about Wendy.. My prayers go out to Her...

I am eager to see who you get to to take Wendy's place..

Any updates please

Any update os the Judge Change...

Hold on guys-- you can't ask 10 people at a time-- you send out 1-2 feelers and I had to wait for official notification that Wendy could not make it- so I have done my deed and within 24 hours of that and my notifying AKC of what was happening I am happy to say that Sharon Celentano has agreed to drive over 6 hours to come and fill Wendy's shoes.

Most of the judges had problems with just judging within the 30 days or 200 miles limitation or have upcoming assignments that place a limitation on them from accepting lab assignments as much as 6 months before and Canadian judges cannot judge more than 8 times in a year.

Please extend a warm greeting to Sharon and please continue our club's effort to keep a small club atmosphere and yet afford you the ability to get majors.

We have AKC approval so you can spread the word.

Beth

What show is this judge change at? Thank you.

Newer Shower
Beth

What show is this judge change at? Thank you.

this is the Carroll County Kennel Club show in North Conway, NH on Sept 11. The show runs both Saturday and Sunday but the posts above are specifically about the Sunday show. Saturday's entry is supported by the Pawcatuck River Labrador Retriever Club and Sunday's entry is supported by the Labrador Retriever Club of Pioneer Valley.

Wendy, our prayers are with you!!

Jeanne Charest
Hold on guys-- you can't ask 10 people at a time-- you send out 1-2 feelers and I had to wait for official notification that Wendy could not make it- so I have done my deed and within 24 hours of that and my notifying AKC of what was happening I am happy to say that Sharon Celentano has agreed to drive over 6 hours to come and fill Wendy's shoes.

Most of the judges had problems with just judging within the 30 days or 200 miles limitation or have upcoming assignments that place a limitation on them from accepting lab assignments as much as 6 months before and Canadian judges cannot judge more than 8 times in a year.

Please extend a warm greeting to Sharon and please continue our club's effort to keep a small club atmosphere and yet afford you the ability to get majors.

We have AKC approval so you can spread the word.

Good wishes for Wendy to be back to good health very soon.

Sharon should do a fine job. I've heard other well-known; breeder-judges praise her fine judging in the past. Thanks for keeping us informed Jeanne.

Sharon,
Thank you so much for filling in for Wendy. That was very nice of you!