Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Stud dog frequency of breeding

Sorry, but....yes....I guess I do have a problem with someone breeding 8 bitches over two months (using your example). Using that example (again) and the "every six month heat wave excuse" would mean you could be breeding 16 bitches a year. I don't think it is being Elitist to challenge that one.

Really?
Sorry, but....yes....I guess I do have a problem with someone breeding 8 bitches over two months (using your example). Using that example (again) and the "every six month heat wave excuse" would mean you could be breeding 16 bitches a year. I don't think it is being Elitist to challenge that one.

Great I think we should make you the breeding police since you think that only certain people should breed a certain way and if you don't like it, then you can arrest them, seize all their dogs and throw them in jail. That will save the breed. You're ridiculous! And yes, you are being a very judgmental elitist pig

Thank you, that is exactly why I do not use my real name. Too many Zealots wanting to rip you a part. I love this forum because of the formative information if you can put up with all the insults, back biting, and name calling from the posters that believe they are the Lab breeder police. Luckily a poster can remain anonymous. All I wanted was a simple knowledgable answer. I do not need or want your approval. After 20 years of breeding Labs and 35 years of breeding sporting dogs, My FIELD LAB has gone as far as it can go in 4 Venues of field competition. I have infested over $25,000 dollars in training snd competition. I have one more competition to win, we are half way there, and he will have titled in 5 hunting venues. And yes, we get that many request for breedings. He is everything we have thrived to achieve and others who are breeding their bitches must feel the same way. He has frozen available but the majority of people like natural. We are not a puppy mill and no threat to any show people as we are not interested in Show Labs. I just want to do what is best for our boy and the females owners who want pups from him. By the way he was featured on the cover of one of the national hunting magazines this month. I guess there are a few others that think he is special also.

Congratulations on all your hard work in achieving those titles! I am being very sincere with my congratulations. I know how much hard work goes into training.

Bitches do tend to come in season in bunches.
The best way to keep semen high quality is to have the bitch owner progesterone test. That way she will often only need one breeding. If his sperm quality is very good it can be split in 2 or three parts(depending on his sperm count) and used with an AI.
Doing AI breedings instead of natural is a good way to protect your dog from picking up infections that can ruin sperm forever. You can also check it with each breeding to see how the quality is doing.

Lab breeder
Thank you, that is exactly why I do not use my real name. Too many Zealots wanting to rip you a part. I love this forum because of the formative information if you can put up with all the insults, back biting, and name calling from the posters that believe they are the Lab breeder police. Luckily a poster can remain anonymous. All I wanted was a simple knowledgable answer. I do not need or want your approval. After 20 years of breeding Labs and 35 years of breeding sporting dogs, My FIELD LAB has gone as far as it can go in 4 Venues of field competition. I have infested over $25,000 dollars in training snd competition. I have one more competition to win, we are half way there, and he will have titled in 5 hunting venues. And yes, we get that many request for breedings. He is everything we have thrived to achieve and others who are breeding their bitches must feel the same way. He has frozen available but the majority of people like natural. We are not a puppy mill and no threat to any show people as we are not interested in Show Labs. I just want to do what is best for our boy and the females owners who want pups from him. By the way he was featured on the cover of one of the national hunting magazines this month. I guess there are a few others that think he is special also.

I also congratulate you on all the hard work. it is a good thing this is a no name forum. So many bitches. almost egvery thread turns into a witch hunt. think thats why facebook is the norm and this forum has slowed way down. names to be responsible for words.

Thanks for all the good advise. I will use it. To me a successful breeder is secure enough with herself and in her own breeding program that she does not have to belittle and down grade others. Reading the comments offered, I know who the successful breeders are on this forum. Again to them, Thank you.

Lab breeder
Your point?

Search the RTF. If you don't find what you want, post about the best way to manage a stud used frequently. There are some knowledgable breeders there too. I think some field labs are bred to way more often than show studs. Who knows how many Grady litters there were in this year alone; I'd think a minimum of 50. Granted I think he does AI only.