Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: litter is "vet bred"

I agree that a big part of being a responsible breeder is to be responsible for every single puppy until the day they die. That includes taking them back when and if the family asks for it. There is a number of people that will not contact the breeder and will take the puppy/dog to a shelter because it is easier. The breeder might live too far away.

Chill, being open minded about being open or closed minded is part of being open minded. Accept that the other people is not as open minded as you are. Keep educating in a nice way and move on.

Chill
comment
Shut up already. I'm only talking about newspaper ads and thinking about the irresponsible breeders whose puppies end up in shelters. You need to chill and use your energy to write politicians and lay off of us. Get over yourself! We see and know what's going on.

If you know what's going on, then you'd be writing your legislators as well. But you're just narrow-minded with blinders on thinking that you're safe because of your self appointed morals when you breed.

A survey done by some shelters surveyed roughly 4,000 people about where they had acquired their animals from before relinquishing them to the shelter. About 10% came from breeders, less than 4% came from Pet Stores.

It is also estimated that about 23 million new homes open up annually for a pet. Only about 3-4 million animals die in shelters these days. That leaves about 19-20 millions homes available for pets. How many reputable breeders will be upping their breeding programs if you got rid of all the breeders you deem irresponsible and not worthy to breed? Where will people get their pets from if the market was left up to those you deem reputable if they already have waiting lists a mile long?

Holidays got you down? In a fighting mood or just want to show off? Give it a rest already, shut the hell up at least for the holidays or take it to your facebook page.

Breeder
I agree that a big part of being a responsible breeder is to be responsible for every single puppy until the day they die. That includes taking them back when and if the family asks for it. There is a number of people that will not contact the breeder and will take the puppy/dog to a shelter because it is easier. The breeder might live too far away.

Chill, being open minded about being open or closed minded is part of being open minded. Accept that the other people is not as open minded as you are. Keep educating in a nice way and move on.

Thank you and you're right about those being closed minded. I am aware of that. I used to be that way myself. I hope that others have learned to be a little more tolerant of other breeders.

And yes, I will keep on educating.

Wow... Merry Christmas, everyone. My guess is there was a lot of coal handed out this year