Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Raliegh Durham Specialty

While change is inevitable in all aspects of life, I, for one, am glad that the Raleigh Durham Specialty is changing locations. The Smithfield site was as lumpy bumpy as a southern cow pasture and the fire ants are usually hungry! At one time the site hotel sold out all rooms. You had to make your reservations a year in advance. Over the past several years it was not even 25% full. If everyone loved the show site so much, why was it not sold out? The owner commented to me last year that he “was losing room rentals because the hotel appeared sold out due to all of our vehicles. We may ask for a 3 night minimum stay to continue to accommodate the show.”

It was fantastic to be able to sit around the ring and yack with everyone, I do not see why we can’t do the same at the new location. We will be the only dog show there and should be as “relaxing” and fun as any other specialty. And what an opportunity for the public to see what Labradors should be.

As far as economics and showing, the hotel rates in the Raleigh-Durham area are MUCH more economical than most Specialty cities and the drive to the new show site is no further than the old site.

Looking forward to exhibiting at the Raleigh Durham Specialty in May 2013!!