Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Senate Bill # 82 Pennsylvania...anti-breeder

This is why language is so important. Most bills presented use this term and most people have been programmed to think about those images and videos (many staged, doctored or taken out of context) and it evokes a strong emotional reaction. This is the tactics of the Animal Rights groups who want to end all breeding. They present these bills using this name as most people, acting on emotions, will be for it without reading through the bill and realizing it affect most breeders. We as breeders use this slang to vilify and degrade other breeders who breed differently from them. But as the OP just pointed out, it is a slippery slope and most of these bills will hurt ALL breeders. Don't think for one minute, just because it is aimed at "those" kinds of breeders, that's it won't affect you.

byclabs

I encourage anyone in PA to make sure you interview vets. I talked to the attorney general and created a form for the vet to sign before I will work with any puppy buyer.

If anyone wants a copy, I can post it here.

I would like a copy, could you post that here please?
Thank you!

I'd like to see a copy of it too please. Thanks for letting us all know about this!

I have not read through it yet, but here is a link to it:

http://legiscan.com/PA/text/SB82