Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: APRIL 19th 2013 NATURA RECALL.... HELP????????

Michigan. I don't think we are close :)

LOL! Nope I don't think so! Massachusetts.....
But I tell you I would pay to have it shipped if you were the only who could get it...... That's how desperate I am....

Pete, I've fed Honest Kitchen and I love it, but it is expensive - and I mean really expensive if you feed only that. I use HK as a top dressing to kibble. I use 1/4 HK mixed with water and rehydrated and 3/4 kibble. I did try feeding it full time to my IBD dog, and while she loved it and did really well on it it cost quite a bit to feed it full time - a 10 pound box lasted about 20 days while feeding it at the rate of 2 cups per day. Costs for a 10 pound box are running from $65.00 to $100.00, depending on the formula.

Susan Bonner
Pete, I've fed Honest Kitchen and I love it, but it is expensive - and I mean really expensive if you feed only that. I use HK as a top dressing to kibble. I use 1/4 HK mixed with water and rehydrated and 3/4 kibble. I did try feeding it full time to my IBD dog, and while she loved it and did really well on it it cost quite a bit to feed it full time - a 10 pound box lasted about 20 days while feeding it at the rate of 2 cups per day. Costs for a 10 pound box are running from $65.00 to $100.00, depending on the formula.

Yikes! For that money you could buy some "real" meat from the grocery store, farm-raised eggs, cans of sardines or mackerel! Great supplements to kibble, human grade and no mystery stuff or allergens added.

Thanks, Susan. I'm looking at all options....I could get the Preference and add our own meat. That's what I am looking at right now. My guy has allergies and it's tough to find a food that will work for him. CN Grain Free Salmon and Pea isn't cheap, either.

Found Pure Vita made by Nutri Source that might work....gosh I hate this. I never heard of this company. Anyone?

Pete, I sympathize, I have 15 mouths to feed . I am more than P'O ed that I spend $ 53.00 for a 28# bag of food and it's been recalled......
I have looked at many of the recipes and won't feed certain things so I can avoid health issues.... But I feel like I am hitting my head up against a freaking brick wall.... My DH is always saying feed them Big Red,,, well no, because it's unhealthy and crap food.... So what do I tell him lately? Damn it's frustrating.. esp when you have one you cannot flip flop with without making him horribly sick... I can't even cook for my IBD dog, tried that before....I so hate this.... I look into their eyes and their wagging tails as I feed them and they are so excited... My stomach is in knots every day now..... Labs should be able to love their food and we should be able to feed them without having a nervous breakdown about the worry! GRRRRR!

I don't feed this food, but it did make The Whole Dog Journal list in 2012. If you have heard of/care about what The Great Dane Lady has to say, the foods made by this company do make her list of better/recommended foods as well:
http://www.greatdanelady.com/articles/back_up_dog_food.htm

Best of luck for you and your boy :-)

Best of luck for you and your boy :-)

I appreciate your kindness and the info..Thank you!

HAVE YOU TRIED VERUS? IT HAS A LAMB AND BROWN RICE FORMULA. HAVE A DOG WTIH A SIMILAR PROBLEM AND HE HAS DONE REAL WELL ON THIS FOOD. GOOD LUCK!