Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
False

My bitch was not bred last time she was in heat. Now 5.5 wks later she's picking at her breakfast and acting a bit "sad".
No fever, otherwise normal. This is a girl who ALWAYS eats her food in just a few seconds!
We were at a vacation when she was in heat but caretaker says no accidents happened. Her nipples seems a bit large and pink.
Could this be false pregnancy?

Re: False

Could be false pregnancy. Is she drinking more water than usual. I would highly recommend doing a blood panel to rule out Pyometra!! My girl jumped off the poarch and cried. I thought it was her back took her to work for xray and saw that her uterus was enlarged. Did white count high. Put her on antibiotics Friday went to specialty over weekend she acted normal. Monday her white count had risen another 10000 so we spayed her. Her uterus was full of pus. If I had waited for symptoms she may have died. Please contact your veterinarian.

Re: False

Thank you. I'm taking her in for ultrasound tomorrow. She's been eating normal today and seems to be acting her self again but I do wanna make sure she's fine.