Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Match etiquette

If it looks bad, don't do it. Excellent advice from breeder. It is not the AKC who would look down their noses on this, it is the ring-side critics. Why put yourself into a position where people will talk?

Exhibitor
So,Mel, you're saying I shouldn't enter the sweepstake classes at Wine Country because the judges, both days, are my friends?
Only if you're doing it looking for favoritism as some DO.

I've heard judges tell their friends not to enter under them many times. They do anyway and then complain to the judge friend that they didn't like anything he or she put up, that their dog or dogs were better examples of the breed.

Why are you acting like favors are not repaid sometimes? We're talking about human beings that judge, not robots and they do -sometimes- favor or repay certain people. They could be handlers, other breeders, judges & occasionally friends.

Don't act as if it never happens, they're human! Hopefully most don't but if you want to put your head in the sand, by all means do so and believe it never happens.

They do it all the time in regular shows also. Called POLITICS. Then they do pay back. And some wonder why the entrys are off. It is suppose to be a sport where the best dog that day wins ?

I completely agree with you, Breeder also .