Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thoughts on my girl.....

Hello I was just curious what other experienced breeders might think about my situation. I have a girl that has been pretty consistent coming into season between 6 and 7 months. The last time she came into season was just over 5 months after her last cycle. She has not been in season since and it has been 9 months? I almost certain I have not missed her as she stays out with an intact male all day and he hasn't shown the slightest interest and I have checked her every 2-3 days for a few months now. Just curious if anyone has any thoughts regarding this. Thanks in advance.

Re: Thoughts on my girl.....

Have you changed her food or diet in any way? Has she been put on medication for any reason? If not, maybe pull some blood work including a thyroid - it's a starting point.

Also would like to know... what is her age?

Re: Thoughts on my girl.....

I have 2 girls that are late coming into season. It's going on 9 mo. since their last heat but they aren't 6 mo. girls.

I don't have kennel facilities. Although the dogs are all indoors with us when it's been extremely hot, not out in the dog yard; I do believe the weather this year is affecting them. I have 2 others that came in early, actually 3 times in 13 mo. Those 2 usually come in every 5 months and 1 had a split heat years ago.

If things don't change in a few weeks I'm off to the vet.