Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: STOP IT BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE

How much does the dog over population issue have to do with the Human over population issue? Do they go hand in hand? Lots of insightful information being shared here, I hope it is heard beyond this message board. I for one breed and believe in good breeders. How do other countries deal with this issue and what are the success there?

Re: STOP IT BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE

I found the following article that makes a TON of sense:

http://www.pet-law.com/articles/36

A couple of observations while reading it:

1.) There are no REAL national statistics on animals euthanized in shelters (Why not? If this is such a problem, shouldn't we be tracking the numbers? How can we say there is a problem, or how big the problem is without any data to support it? I can't believe that lawmakers are passing laws based on "observations" with no data to back them up!)

2.) Lays out the case pretty well for where the pets come from that are found in shelters and what has worked to reduce the numbers in the past

3.) Actually provides solutions to the problem that have been proven to be effective and shows why laws DO NOT WORK. It is very hard to argue with the information presented in this article.