Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2011 Potomac

Is Potomac 2011 scheduled for April 12-15?

Re: 2011 Potomac

You are correct.

Already booked at the Holiday Inn.. YAY.

Did you book at the Holiday Inn Express? The host hotel indicates the contract has not been signed yet.

Both hotels are sold out. Isn't that fabulous! And it's no wonder any "regular" people can never get a room!

The Holiday Inn says the contract has not been signed and they will not reserve rooms until it is......ridiculous on their part!Go ahead and reserve the rooms for heavens sake

MsG
You are correct.

Already booked at the Holiday Inn.. YAY.

How did you do that?? They aren't taking any reservations yet!

brdr
Both hotels are sold out. Isn't that fabulous! And it's no wonder any "regular" people can never get a room!

I'm a regular person and I usually get a room.

It is nice to see everyone is so excited about the 2011 Potomac!

Like last year the 2011 Potomac Specialty will be a 4 day show - April 12-13-14-15,2010.

The contract between LRCP and the host hotel (Holiday Inn) has yet to be signed. While we are close we are still busy hammering out details. When the contract is signed we will announce it on the LRCP website, and at that time the currently blocked time period during the show will open for reservations.

In the meantime I would encourage anyone who would feel more secure with a reservation 'in-hand' to check out the other area HOTELS.

Who will be judging?

Judges will be posted on the LRCP website upon full judging panel approval by AKC.

I made my reservations at the Hampton Inn at the end of April I would like to stay at the Host hotel once, just so I can say I did it

Bonnie Hall
brdr

I'm a regular person and I usually get a room.

Okay - what's the secret? I've tried calling within minutes of the block of rooms being released (the announcement that it's released, anyway), and they are always full. I've tried making reservations when there for the next year, they won't take them. I've tried calling and/or going online to make reservations weekly starting after Potomac ends, for the next one, and never got any open rooms that way either.

So how do you do it, Bonnie?

Made my reservations for 2011 at the host hotel a week prior to the 2010 show. I guess being nice gets you pretty far! There is no secret. Just respect the room, ask for extra sheets so that the dogs don't ruin the room, keep the noise down and you are more than welcome anywhere.

I was told by the staff that they were not taking reservations until the contract was signed.

I did not shower anyone with gifts any year but I treat the room like my own home and the staff knows me for years and do like me.

Susie turned most breeders she knows well down for an early booking so it's not just respecting the room and staff.

So what happens to your room if the contract goes awry? You lose a 1 day fee? It's not over until there is a John Hancock on that contract.

All you're doing by showing off about booking early is going to get Susie a zillion calls. She doesn't do this for many people and if what you say is true, she might know it's you. She apparently did you a big favor.

Don't cause trouble and aggravation for everyone, it's not necessary.

I have had friends who had a room but ended up not being about to make it and give it to me.
I have called and gave my name to the hotel to be put on a waiting list, and then they called me when a room opened up.
I have called the day we were told bookings would begin and got a room.

So there is no secret, just luck I guess.

I always used to get a room just a week or two before the show. I would call after the entries closes, when people who can't go start to cancel. Then last year I booked the Mainstay Suites, and I don't care to ever stay at the host hotel again. So much better at Mainstay, and we all have a great time together there. Rooms are way better and we get breakfast for free! I am booked already for Aprl! Can't wait!

Hi, Breeder May the Lord God Bless you everyday of your life.

Phil