association activities, reunions, the newsletter,
     items in the Ship's Store, locating Swift sailors,
     or information about joining the association

Swift Boat Sailors Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
John Repshire

I just got off the phone with John. He sounded good and upbeat. They are going to do the triple bypass tomorrow morning. They bumped someone else for it so it must be fairly serious.
He said he was out feeding the horses when he got the chest pain. He though nothing of it until he was done and went back up to the house and sat down and the pain did not go away. He checked his blood pressure and it was something like 175/125 give or take. That is when he said to himself "something is not right here" and called the ambulance. They told him to sit down, relax and breath deeply and they would be right there. Of course John went out and kenneled the dogs, closed the gate to the corral and then went back to the house and got a rocker and put it on the front porch and then sat down. When the ambulance arrived he got up and walked out to the driveway to meet them. Typical for John. I told him to listen to the Dr and do what they tell him. He said he has grown up a bit now and will probably listen to them.
Here is a better phone number in case anyone wants to call him, it will save you an extra call.
1-785-623-5000.
If I hear more I will pass it on also.

Jack