items in the Ship's Store, locating Swift sailors,
     or information about joining the association

Swift Boat Sailors Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good Week made contact with two X swifties

Dec. 7th 7:50am in Tenn.
James( Jim )Miller RD1 X LPO 9 Boat and Charlie Gibson X OinC of the 72 boat Cos.Div. 11 1969.I should have said they contacted me , surprized me I had not heard from either one in over 36 years, I don't believe they are current SBSA members but may have been earlier ? I directed them to our new Web Site maybe they will join us, waiting on their reply's to my E Mail,I'll keep you informed.
Charlie was my 1st OinC went thru Swift Training in Calif. but only went on 1 patrol ( training patrol )
on his boat then got transfered to the 9 boat. ( there
were 2 gunners mates ( me & Fred Short ) in his crew
and no engineman , I was traded for a engineman.
Jim was the leading PO on the 9 boat when I reported abouard ( March 1st 1969 ) he stayed on the 9 boat untill around the middle of May and tranfered to Staff. Cos Div. 11 I think . ( CRS ) Just thought
I would let you know , it was Great hearing from them
again , I'll keep you updated. Catch you later.
Your Swift Brother in Tenn. Mick
PS
I'm recovering pretty good from my herina surgery
not in pain anymore, 1st couple days were rough ( Ha Ha ) But I haven't been anywhere in a week except to
the mail box ( 50 ft ) I'm enjoying not having to go
to work ( Ha Ha ) but bored just setting around playing on this computer & watching TV while the wife is at work ( Ha Ha ) Keep in touch , catch you later
Mick

Re: Good Week made contact with two X swifties

I remember Jim Miller well. Went on a couple raids on the Bo De, as sister boats. After swifts I went to the Kitty Hawk. Reported abroad to Operations, and guess who I had to report to, yep, RD1 Jim Miller.
We would go down to Portland, Or on weekends together. Meet my first wife with him.

Re: Re: Good Week made contact with two X swifties (Jimmy Sanford)

Wed. Dec. 7th 10:28pm in Tenn.
Jimmy
I can give your E mail address to Jim Miller and he can contact you if you want , he's not on Swift Forum or Ww04 , I'll contact him and send you his
E Mail address back channal if he wants me too. Jim sent me a couple good pictures this morning of rivers
down in AnThoi ( no boats ) may post them on Wwo4 after I ask his permission ( haven't figured how
to do that on this forum yet ) Ha Ha Just a thought
keep in touch , catch you later
Your Swift Brother in Tenn. Mick

Re: Re: Re: Good Week made contact with two X swifties (Jimmy Sanford)

Mickey, I have his e-mail address unless he changed it. We were in contact a couple years ago.