Swift Boat Sailors Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: COLOURS OF SWIFT BOATS ON RIVERINE PATROLS

Jim
I E mailed Dave in UK , sent him an old post by
Pete Webster on building a Swift Model ( Revell kit )
dated back in Jan. 05 off Swift Talk . By the way
that post by Pete is a outstanding post on building
that model " Bravo Zu Lu " Pete ( got it saved )
Hope this helps Dave on building his model.
Thanks Jim
Your Swift Brother in Tenn. Mick PCF # 9

Re: Re: COLOURS OF SWIFT BOATS ON RIVERINE PATROLS

Hi Mickey,
My name is John McDaniel. I'm getting back into the ship modeling hobby after about 30 years. I'm starting with a Revell pcf kit. I've been searching the web for info to try and improve the details on this old kit. Being an army brat, I'm not real familiar with boats. I found your thread and was wondering if it would beb possible to get a copy of the post by Pete Webster you mentioned in your message. If not, maybe you could answer a couple of questions I'm try to answer.

1. I'm looking for some pictures of the pilot house. I found some on the SBS website that showed a lot of the dash board, left hand table, and right hand radar screen. But what I'm looking for is the back wall, the opening to the 51 mount and door way into the crew quarters. I'm basically trying to find out what you would see if you looked into the front window. Was anything mounted on the back wall, ladder to the gun mount, fire extinguisher, etc?
2. For the PCFs that were repainted olive drab, was this just on the exterior or was the interior painted OD also?
3. Were blackout curtains or a door ever used in the doorway from the pilot house to the crew quarters?

Thanks in advance for any help you could give.
John McDaniel