items in the Ship's Store, locating Swift sailors,
     or information about joining the association

Swift Boat Sailors Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Holidays

I don't know really how to put this but here goes. I'm
glad that the holidays are just about over. I have so much trouble this time of year. I don't know how to say it but I wish it would not come up. My Doctor told me that I had to learn how to live with it. But how????? All I want to do is lock myself in my room until it is over. Sorry for this but I had to write it down to someone. Thank you for being here.
Thank You Brothers and Sisters

Re: Holidays

Brother Albert, I know where ya is coming from, been laying low myself since about the 15th. Have not been to Wal-Mart or a major store since before Thanksgiving.

I went back last night to the Bridge on the Da Nang river, you know the one and the time I am talking about. Had to change the bed linens, which were soaking wet from my cold sweat. It is just that time of the year...the Docs tell me that it will never completely go away.

Just remember ya anit by yourself on this.

With all the brush fires out west here, maybe they will fully outlaw fireworks this New Year...Kinda keeps mine and the dog nerves frayed and on edge.

Your Swift Brother

Re: Re: Holidays

Thank You Jim can always count on you.

Re: Holidays

A shrink I kind of know and sort of trust says the best thing to do to overcome almost anything is to go ahead and do something else. The idea is that your actions will lead your "feelings" instead of the other way around. This isn't the usual shrink mumbo-jumbo - it's a way to force yourself to do "something" that you may enjoy to displace the bad memories and associations. It works - I end up doing it (or trying to do it daily!).

Re: Re: Holidays

Thank You Dave Have tried that but still have troubles this time of year. Have of a long time maybe some day down the road I will be albe to work things out.

Re: Re: Re: Holidays

Albert

If I knew more about the why maybe I could respond better. I lost my wife just over a year ago and last Christmas was a rough one. This was wasn't a whole lot easier but I dedicated it to our kids and grandkids. It added a new twist to it and made it a whole lot easier.

Jack